QA Analyst I
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a data-driven financial services company based in Las Vegas. Founded in 1984, Credit One Bank offers a spectrum of credit card products for people in all stages of financial life. One of the fastest-growing credit card providers in the United States, Credit One Bank offers credit cards through the Visa®, Mastercard® and American Express® networks. Credit One Bank is the Official Credit Card of NASCAR®, the Las Vegas Raiders, the Vegas Golden Knights, and Best Friends Animal Society, and is a proud partner of WWE and Six Flags®. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and on social media (@CreditOneBank) on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
The Quality Assurance Analyst I role develops, performs, and coordinates test efforts according to prescribed project priorities. This person must possess strong deductive reasoning, extreme attention to details, persistence, and patience. This role requires the candidate to develop an intimate knowledge of the existing application environment and the ability to evaluate and test new or modified environments / programs to verify that the application / environment functions according to user requirements and conforms to established production guidelines. In addition to understanding the software functionality, this person will develop a working understanding of the interfacing applications, test environments and the Testing Services tools and methodologies. Test strategy formulation will include decomposing the business and technical requirements into test case scenarios, defining test data requirements, managing test case creation, devising contingencies plans and other preparation activities.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- This role will develop the test case execution plan, oversee test case execution, manage issues, and report metrics.
- Perform assigned testing per the Test Plan; document and report results.
- Execute regression tests for revised applications.
- Maintain records of all application testing; prepare reports summarizing testing results.
- Collaborate with developers and users to optimize testing, defect isolation, and defect tracking.
- Review functional and technical documentation in order to identify requirements for the creation of test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Create, modify, and execute precise manual test cases to business requirements for new application functionality.
- Submit, track and validate defects in a tracking system.
- Work with deployment team participating in after-hours deployments and quality assurance testing efforts to test production environments updates before they are distributed, as well as validating production once deployment is complete.
- Provide regular status updates to manager and project manager, updating tasks, and tasks estimates as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably computer related.
- 1-2 years experience as a software tester with emphasis on writing test plans and test scripts required.
- 1 year of experience with web-enabling technologies, including web enterprise servers, web programming languages, SQL databases and exposure to client/server development required.
- Experience with end-to-end software system testing required
- Basic understanding of software processing.
- Ability to communicate to a diverse group of IT management and business users is required.
- Candidate must have strong analytical and problem management skills to be able to resolve issues as they arise in the testing environments.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task across a wide range of test environments and projects.
- Prior experience participating in large, complex technology projects is required.
- Other skill-sets that would be useful are 2-3 years of prior testing experience or banking experience in one or more of the following delivery channels - Retail Banking, Telephone Call Center, or Credit Card Services.
- Ability to formulate a test strategy based on technical specification documents and business requirements.
- Overtime required on an as needed basis.
- Availability to work various shifts, extended hours and to provide on-call support as required.
Not Required, but Preferred:
- Exposure to .NET technologies, web services, stored procedures, and middle tier applications.
- Understanding of or experience with virtual environments.
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA