Data Scientist III
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a data-driven financial services company based in Las Vegas. Founded in 1984, Credit One Bank offers a spectrum of credit card products for people in all stages of financial life. One of the fastest-growing credit card providers in the United States, Credit One Bank offers credit cards through the Visa®, Mastercard® and American Express® networks. Credit One Bank is the Official Credit Card of NASCAR®, the Las Vegas Raiders, the Vegas Golden Knights, and Best Friends Animal Society, and is a proud partner of WWE and Six Flags®. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and on social media (@CreditOneBank) on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
One of America's leading issuers of VISA® and MasterCard® credit cards located in Las Vegas Nevada is seeking highly qualified risk professionals. We provide credit cards to individuals who have been historically overlooked by other banks because of their less than perfect credit. With millions of people carrying our credit card, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and an array of credit card products with innovative features.
This position is a part of the Data Governance & Strategy Group. This team is based in the Risk department but supports the entire bank. The mission of the data validation and operations team is to challenge the state of data quality and continuously drive improvements through better and higher definition data analysis. Our goal is the continuous measurement of data quality, quicken the pace of anomaly detection, drive data quality improvements at the source and faster cycle times for data remediation. Our data professionals are tasked with creating guidelines and policies for data standards that ensure clean, governed data for the enterprise.
Part of our strategy is the development of more advanced data quality analytics and machine learning-powered models that touch on the entire data lifecycle; across domains of data that represent campaigns, response, credit, fraud, customer service, finance and collections.
The Data Scientist III is a subject matter expert in data analytics and business analysis. They perform analysis, design, development and optimization activities in support of data quality and data validation. They also play a critical role in defining and creating the future state of data and analytics in the enterprise. Team members are expected to build trust and relationships through effective communication with both technical and non-technical partners within multiple departments to facilitate success. A successful individual in this role is a leader who has and imparts business knowledge, data analytics and business analysis expertise related to the sources and uses of data for business analytics and decisioning.
Summary Essential Job Functions
- Conduct research to understand, predict and defend against data quality errors
- Leverage large volumes of diverse data to understand the relationships, rules and usage patterns of data that might impact business results
- Test/Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machines learning and statistical methods to ensure data is prepared for use in decisioning, predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Explore and examine data from source systems, Data Lake, Data Warehouse and business partners to find and implement data quality rules
- Test/Deploy modern, high-scale data quality analysis, reporting, early warning and prioritization methods
- Communicate in crisp, fundamental terms to key stakeholders based on analysis of data, data relationships, uses cases and data anomalies
- Provide data quality metrics and remediation forecasts to teams developing pipelines, analytic solutions and decision strategies
- Present results and recommendations; craft coherent, crisp messaging from complex, voluminous data and output
- Test, validation and deploy machine learning algorithm to enhance existing and/or introduce new processes and show bottom line impact
- Develop project requirements, analytic plans, SOWs, project timelines, and other related materials for the management of outsourced model development and/or management
- Interact with analysts, modelers and pipeline developers across the business
- Anticipate issues based on knowledge of internal data trends and propose solutions.
- Serves as an expert consultant to internal technical and line of business teams
- Promote data validation goals, ensure accuracy of deliverables and communicate precisely
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in business analysis, quantitative analytics, data science; preferably within the financial services industry
- 4+ years of advanced experience using SQL (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata etc.) and at least one analytical package such as SAS, Python, R, etc.
- Working knowledge of ETL processes
- Strong working knowledge of analytical techniques including regression analysis and Machine Learning algorithms for pattern recognition, predictive analytics, anomaly detection and operational analytics
- Organizational and prioritization skills to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Leadership skills to mentor others within the group or across the business
- Excellent communication skills - and ability to thrive in a fast-paced complex environment
- Experience developing requirements and testing analytic solutions collaboratively
- Solid planning, priority setting, and time management skills
- Highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative
- Knowledge of financial analysis, credit, profitability drivers as well as operational analytics
- Graduate degree in quantitative area such as mathematics, economics, engineering, computer science, operations research and equivalent industry experience
- Strong financial analytical skills with the ability to read, interpret, and evaluate, financial time-series tracking reports (including vintage analysis).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. However, the employee may choose to stand and move within cubicle area. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear; reach with hands and arms. Must possess the ability to effectively hear and communicate. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 2 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Based on the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), management has analyzed this position and determined it to be exempt.
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA