Risk Analyst I - Data Strategy
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a data-driven financial services company based in Las Vegas. Founded in 1984, Credit One Bank offers a spectrum of credit card products for people in all stages of financial life. One of the fastest-growing credit card providers in the United States, Credit One Bank offers credit cards through the Visa®, Mastercard® and American Express® networks. Credit One Bank is the Official Credit Card of NASCAR®, the Las Vegas Raiders, the Vegas Golden Knights, and Best Friends Animal Society, and is a proud partner of WWE and Six Flags®. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and on social media (@CreditOneBank) on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
This position will ensure that we build and deliver the highest quality custom reporting solutions to support the risk team and improve program profitability. This will include diagnosing data issues and delivering solutions to support complex analytics. Performing deep dive analysis and ad hoc analyses as needed. Identifying opportunities to improve the data structure and availability to better support decision making.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats from a variety of platforms
- Develop and maintain custom reporting solutions using T-SQL, SAS, and Microsoft tools such as Excel
- Develops best practices for report creation and deployments
- Maintains a working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools and follows best practices
- Participates in work stream planning process including technical design, development, testing, and delivery of solutions
- Documents business requirements and specifications for reporting requests
- Manages assigned projects and supports activities of team
- Ensures prompt completion and accuracy of assigned projects
- Identifies and evaluates recurring data issues and implements solutions
- Serve as reporting expert for the team by developing report requests and interpreting data
- Provides guidance, training, and problem-solving assistance to other team members
- Advance knowledge in the following: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- 3+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferred majors include: Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- 3+ years work experience in a similar role in a professional corporate environment
- Ability to work well with various departments and team mates
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience data mining large databases
Preferred (Not Required):
- Advanced degree in Business, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Consumer Credit Card industry experience
- 5+ years advanced use of at least one of the following: SQL Server, Oracle, or SAS
- Experience with web analytics
- Statistical modeling exposure including logistic regression, CHAID/CART analysis, and other general linear models
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. However, the employee may choose to stand and move within cubicle area. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear; reach with hands and arms. Must possess the ability to effectively hear and communicate. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 2 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Based on the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), management has analyzed this position and determined it to be exempt.
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Job Family P1 - Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA