Senior Accountant II
Atlanta, GA, USA ● Boca Raton, FL, USA ● Virtual Req #501
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
The Senior Accountant II has a thorough working knowledge of GAAP, general ledger and financial reporting skills, coupled with solid analytic and interpersonal skills. Position encompasses performance in the areas of general ledger, fixed assets, accounts payable as well as other general accounting functions. The Senior Accountant II will take a leadership role in some of these areas, while assisting Senior and Staff Accountants with completing their assigned tasks.
- Perform timely general ledger account reconciliations and analyses. Participate in month end closings–preparing the more complex journal entries and preparing and maintaining various account reconciliations for certain significant accounts.
- Review and approve certain journal entries prepared by Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Review and approve certain account reconciliations prepared by Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Prepare month-end closing packages.
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement analytical analysis monthly and explain any major variances to budget and prior year.
- Review certain schedules prepared by Staff and Senior Accountants
- Participate in year-end audit preparation and quarterly reviews.
- Review actual results as compared to prior period, budget and forecast amounts.
- Advise Staff Accountants regarding the handling of non-routine accounting and reporting transactions.
- May assist in the daily banking requirements.
- Collaborate with other Corporate and field departments to support the Accounting department’s overall goals and objectives.
- Involved in special projects/analyses which require extensive use of Excel and the handling of large amounts of data manipulation.
- Proactive in identifying workflow process improvements / efficiencies.
- Additional projects and tasks as assigned by Accounting department leaders.
- Assist Manager in ASC 805 acquisition related processes including Opening Balance Sheet procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 4-year Accounting degree required, CPA or CPA candidates preferred.
- 7 years of general ledger Accounting experience with mid-to-large-size companies.
- Thorough working knowledge of GAAP.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, Excel, Word and PowerPoint (VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables).
- Experience with Great Plains and/or PeopleSoft accounting software preferred.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Planning/Organization Skills – Prioritize and plan work activities effectively and efficiently; strong organization (including work papers skills), communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Interpersonal Skills – Work cooperatively and respectfully seeking to minimize bureaucratic behavior and achieve objectives.
- Problem Solving Skills – Demonstrate ability to analyze a problem through to resolution.
- Ownership – Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness of tasks assigned; monitor work and provide quality output.
- Adaptability – Manage competing demands and changing priorities.
- Assists and develops other staff members by sharing knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and attention to detail along with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally across a broad corporate landscape.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance but also a team player sharing project responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and show flexibility as needed.
- Ability to work under deadline pressures while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Demonstrate dependability; initiative, and accountability.
- Demonstrate company loyalty by supporting company goals and enforcement and modeling of company policies.
- Communicate and work in a respectful, supportive manner with all teammates
- Employees must possess comfort in learning, training, and engaging with others virtually through Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Cross Country Healthcare is an EEO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
- Job Family CORP Finance
- Job Function NMGR
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Boca Raton, FL, USA