Resource Pool Program Director
Virtual Req #566
Friday, June 4, 2021
The Resource Pool Program Director develops and builds relationships with CCH team members, Client leadership in the assigned region(s). Oversees the overall daily operations of the Resource Labor Resource Pools. Creates an environment that leads to a positive experience by providing an open and effective work environment that provides the resources and supports team members to perform their job responsibilities to the best of their abilities. Accountable for the implementation of an effective and continuous program to measure, assess and improve performance. Responsible for every aspect of managing the float staff to meet the interim needs of cost centers including hiring, training, managing, evaluations, and termination. This position may coordinate or oversee the deployment of all float staff to ensure the filling of positions temporarily unoccupied and is responsible for creating tactical and strategic plans to address interim staffing needs. The Director assures that appropriate levels, and appropriately trained staff are maintained in the float pool to meet the needs of the cost centers. Manages productivity to achieve budgetary targets. Must be willing to assume twenty-four-hour responsibility for a leadership role with the health care team in planning and staffing unit needs. Assures maximum performance, quality, safety, and efficiency through the use of predictive scheduling and resource distribution to ensure optimal staffing levels and skill mix for cost centers through the review and monitoring of the department schedules that are submitted from each entity. Responsible for Time and Attendance editing for staffing office, float pool and agency staff. When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. Assures a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the Client’s Network staff scheduling system development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Manage annual budget and operating plan to support the program
- Monitors costs, utilization, and deployment activities by facility and by region.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Develops and executes policy and procedures around all assigned functions in partnership with local and system leadership.
- Works in collaboration and in support of leaders at each entity to ensure coverage for throughout the assigned region(s).
- Coordinates with providers to schedule required training/and-or/educational opportunities for the Float Pool staff and/or agency personnel.
- Collaborates with Employee Health or client designee to track FMLA usage and project daily and future staffing needs to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained.
- Assures that appropriately trained staff are maintained in the float pool to meet the needs of the entities.
- Creates and coordinates the float pool schedule ensuring the proper staffing levels and skill-mix for each entity and department.
- Exercises discretion within protocols and priorities for balancing staffing needs when multiple priorities/conflicts arise among units needing staffing resources.
- Communicates the program to entity leadership and administration.
- Identifies facility-specific needs and pro-actively communicates with CCH internal teams effectively recruit required staff.
- Responsible for Resource Pool employee engagement.
- Assists with orientation/implementation of Resource Pool services of new network customers.
- Responsible for coordination of the VMS procurement/deployment of vendor resources.
- Monitors over-usage of Resource Pool staff by entities in lieu of entity Core Staff levels.
- Coordinates quarterly management report and meetings for each entity including review and summary of financial data, staff utilization, vendor utilization and positive and negative trends. Creates action plans to turn unwanted trends to positive
- Collaborates with hiring managers and Recruitment to prepare staffing strategy for existing and future needs.
- Ensures compliance with organization s staffing policies as well as all policies and procedures.
- Processes all PTO requests and sick calls with the authority level to accept/decline based upon pre-defined parameters.
- Broad understanding of general business with excellent problem solving, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities and thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment, while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships within and outside of department.
- Goal driven / detail oriented.
- Demonstrated team-oriented management style.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Extreme sense of urgency.
- Excellent customer service delivery.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in computer operations and applications including MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word as well as the ability to learn other systems quickly.
- Sound knowledge of CCS processes, policies, and company operations.
- 5+ years’ experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Must have strong analytical skills and understanding and the ability to make sold decisions when reviewing and making compensation decisions.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Business Acumen: In-depth knowledge of the business, industry, external marketplace, and the ability to conceptually pull together patterns or connections that are not clearly related; ability to apply insight across a wide range of tactical to strategic issues in order to consistently identify and select the best course of action.
Building People Capability: Commitment to ensuring that the right people are in the right roles and that individual’s feel empowered and supported to reach their potential; provides coaching to foster the learning of their team members, and likewise plays an active role in acquiring, developing and retaining talent for the larger organization.
Disciplined Execution: Orientation towards a process-focused, decisive course of action that will ensure client/customer needs are met with a high standard of excellence, urgency and predictability; focused on the task at hand in the face of ambiguity and applies past experiences and expertise to consistently pull through results.
Organizational Collaboration: Ability to partner across organizational lines and work cooperatively within and outside one’s own team in order to best serve client needs and exceed the expectations of end customers and clients; actively supports key decisions and promote a spirit of teamwork to demonstrate the commitment to the company.
Integrity: Must be seen as a trustworthy leader by demonstrating consistency, honesty, and truthfulness or accuracy in your day to day actions.
Cross Country Healthcare is an EEO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
- Job Family Directors
- Job Function DIR
- Pay Type Salary