Director, Project Management Office
Virtual Req #751
Thursday, July 15, 2021
The Director, Project Management Office (PMO) position plans, directs, and coordinates activities to successfully implement strategic IT/PMO initiatives. This position will ensure that IT goals or objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. This role will be responsible for creating presentations and communication to key stakeholders regarding scope, progress, KPIs and dashboards. This role evaluates IT department operations and provides managerial reporting, project management governance, and process improvement. Also, as part of this role, the Director will coordinate Organizational Change Management and oversee Change/Release Management.
• Establish the standard methodology, governance, templates, and tools necessary for CCH to project manage, oversee, organize, and help drive IT initiatives, measure KPI’s, prepare presentations, action trackers, and reports as needed
• Manage the Project Management team to ensure compliance with PMO methodologies, governance, templates
• Work with other corporate leaders and business sponsors to place project managers in IT related initiatives with the appropriate skillsets and experience.
• Capture and report on department’s goals and KPIs; partner with IT leaders to create QBR presentations
• Ensure effective communication and stakeholder engagement activities making use of communication resources and reporting/tracking systems
• Manage PMO’s monthly budget and follows up on budgetary issues and actions
• Develop accountability processes to ensure leaders and their teams are executing on key PMO priorities
• Conduct research and analysis of market trends
• Ensure project align with strategic plan and desired outcomes
• Develop presentation materials including charts, graphs, and data representations
• Provide ongoing analysis and delivery of projects to maximize use of resources including time, people, and money
• Monitor project costs to maximize use of resources
• Works with leadership team on wide ranging scope and insight into all company-related matters
• Prepare presentations and updates for internal audiences, such as leadership reports or presentations for company-wide meetings
• Set agenda and prepare material for weekly leadership staff meetings; track action items and follow up on outstanding deliverables
• Works with leadership team to create the agenda for all hands, strategic meetings, and leadership meetings
• Updates IT on progress against goals and project updates
• Organize and prioritize critical issues and required information to facilitate efficient decision making
• Collaborate across multiple functional areas to provide oversight and guidance on key projects
• Create insightful analytics and actionable summaries
• BS/BA from an accredited college or university; ten to fifteen years of relevant IT/PMO experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Desirable certifications include (not all required): PMP, PgMP, PRINCE II, CSM, CBAP, PMI-ACP, SAFe Agile, ITIL, ITSM, Lean Six Sigma
• 10+ years of Project Management experience
• Proficient with Microsoft tools - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, Teams, Planner, etc.
• Possess working to advanced knowledge of Business Analysis: Requirements gathering, Business Requirements capture and documentation, Process flows, Possess working to advanced knowledge of Digital Transformation and pertinent projects, such as: Process re-engineering and automation, Data migration and integration, Electronic Content Management Systems, ERPs, CRMs, Business Web Technology, etc. Azure, AWS, Google, and other Cloud Technologies Project Management Tools, such as: MS Project, JIRA, Smartsheet, Monday.com, Trello, etc.
• Must be self-driven and able to work with little or no supervision.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, high sense of responsibility
• Ability to execute ideas, learn and be involved in the business Ability to work within ambiguity and competing priorities
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Business Acumen: In-depth knowledge of the business, industry, external marketplace, and the ability to conceptually pull together patterns or connections that are not clearly related; ability to apply insight across a wide range of tactical to strategic issues in order to consistently identify and select the best course of action.
Building People Capability: Commitment to ensuring that the right people are in the right roles and that individual’s feel empowered and supported to reach their potential; provides coaching to foster the learning of their team members, and likewise plays an active role in acquiring, developing and retaining talent for the larger organization.
Strategic Agility: Eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverage a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity, and/or change; continually pushes oneself, their teams, and their businesses to learn, to generate new ideas, and (at times) to take needed risks to position the company favorably in the marketplace.
Disciplined Execution: Orientation towards a process-focused, decisive course of action that will ensure client/customer needs are met with a high standard of excellence, urgency and predictability; focused on the task at hand in the face of ambiguity, and applies past experiences and expertise to consistently pull through results.
Organizational Collaboration: Ability to partner across organizational lines and work cooperatively within and outside one’s own team in order to best serve client needs and exceed the expectations of end customers and clients; actively supports key decisions and promote a spirit of teamwork to demonstrate the commitment to the company.
Integrity: Must be a trustworthy leader by demonstrating consistency, honesty, and truthfulness or accuracy in your day to day actions.
Change Agent: Possess the ability to embrace change and build enthusiasm for change efforts amongst team members by promoting the value of the transformation that is being undertaken by the organization; formulating how the transformation will happen; guiding and supporting others through the transformation; and ensuring that the new processes, procedures, structures, etc., are implemented in ways that deliver the expected value that the organizational change was to prod
Cross Country Healthcare is an EEO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
- Job Family CORP Information Systems
- Job Function MGR
- Pay Type Salary