Virtual Req #749
Thursday, July 15, 2021
The Billing Specialist’s primary responsibility is to ensure timely and accurate processing of approved timesheets and invoices. The Billing Specialist will also research and resolve all provider and client inquiries in a timely and customer-focused manner.
- The primary function is to take ownership of the error free completion of the entire weekly bill cycle to include:
- Invoicing all customers, based on customers’ billing cycle, for all hours worked and all other revenue including travel, bonus, and housing subsidies
- Accurate and timely processing of all adjustments (debits and credits), initiated by either external (client-related) or internal (Shared Services) requests
- Timely research and resolution of all billing inquiries to the assigned mailboxes utilizing the highest level of customer service
- Ensure accurate completion of all special billing for appropriate clients, including maintaining exception billing list for designated customers
- Become familiar with the processing of other types of invoicing as needed (i.e. Fee based billing, RPO or Perm Placement)
- Responsible to maintain all necessary documentation for processing cycle; included but not limited to emailed invoices, reports, etc.
- Perform all necessary SOX and Internal Key Controls
- Audit all timesheet and expenses
- Responsible for distribution of all invoices in accordance with customer requests
- All other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
- Knowledge and understanding of timecard system used by Payroll and its impact on client billing. Ability to use this knowledge in research
- Ability to run and analyze Peoplesoft bill queries for research and inquiries
- Develop working knowledge of billing and reconciliations for Third Party Systems, i.e. Shiftwise, B4 Health, etc.
- Manage billing updates in Third party system and internal billing system as required
- Maintain current and accurate customer information such as contacts, addresses, and purchase orders, cost centers, invoice format requested by the customer etc.
- This position may involve the rotation of job responsibilities for purposes of cross-training and career development.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Function may include Medical claims billing:
- Adhere to insurance payers for appeals and errors processing
- Confirm patient benefits and insurance eligibility
- Follow and adhere to all regulations and guidelines set by state programs such as HIPPA
- Responsible for ensuring all services are assigned with the correct CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10-CM codes and are billed and processed in accordance with government and third-party payer guidelines in a timely manner
- Responsible for correcting, completing, and processing claims for all payer code
- Coordinates and clarifies with providers, when necessary, on information that seems incomplete or is lacking for proper coding and/or claim adjudication
- Review submitted claims daily for accuracy
- High school diploma or equivalent require, some college preferred
- 3 years’ experience in billing, preferably in the Staffing or Medical field
- 3-5 years of demonstrated analytical sense with excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of medical terminology in compliance with ICD-10-CM
- Knowledge of Medicaid/Medicare and commercial insurance preferred
- Knowledge of integrated pay/bill preferred
- Detail and task-oriented
- Deadline driven
- Strong organization skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with a proficient knowledge of Excel
- Ability to know when to communicate and escalate issues to management
- Excellent communication skills
- Handle several conflicting priorities, must be flexible, be willing to assist and fill in as needed
- Ability to multi-task
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Problem solving - ability to identify the problem, resolve the immediate issue, as well as to define potential and viable solutions via root-cause analysis
Teamwork - ability to work well within the immediate area as well as with other internal and external areas of support
Communication – ability to articulate to various levels within the organization, including providing task updates, issue resolution, and all various communications
Responsibility – accuracy of the information provided to internal and external customers and timeliness of tasks performed
• Communicate and work in a respectful, supportive manner with all teammates
- Must possess comfort in learning, training, and engaging with others virtually through Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Cross Country Healthcare is an EEO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
- Job Family Shared Services
- Job Function NMGR
- Pay Type Hourly