Accounting - Staff Accountant
Boca Raton, FL, USA ● Virtual Req #756
Thursday, July 15, 2021
The Staff Accountant has a working knowledge of GAAP, as well as general ledger and financial reporting skills. The ideal candidate will possess solid analytic and interpersonal skills and have experience in areas of general ledger, fixed assets, accounts payable, account reconciliations, and other general accounting functions.
• Perform timely general ledger account reconciliations and analyses. Participate in month end closings–preparing journal entries and preparing and maintaining various account reconciliations for certain accounts.
• Prepare month-end closing packages.
• Participate in year-end audit preparation and quarterly reviews.
• May assist in the daily banking requirements.
• Collaborate with other Corporate and field departments to support the Accounting department’s overall goals and objectives.
• Special projects/analyses which require extensive use of Excel and the handling of large amounts of data manipulation.
• Proactively identify workflow process improvements / efficiencies.
• Additional projects and tasks as assigned by Accounting department leaders.
• Assist Manager in ASC 805 acquisition related processes including Opening Balance Sheet procedures.
• Additional tasks as assigned by Accounting department leaders
• 4-year Accounting degree required, CPA or CPA candidates preferred.
• 2+ years of general ledger accounting experience with mid-to-large-size companies.
• Thorough working knowledge of GAAP.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP formula generation and Pivot Table generation).
• General knowledge on Word and PowerPoint.
• Experience with Great Plains and Peoplesoft preferred.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
• Planning/Organization Skills – Prioritize and plan work activities effectively and efficiently; strong organization (including work papers skills) and communication.
• Interpersonal Skills – Work cooperatively and respectfully seeking to minimize bureaucratic behavior and achieve objectives.
• Problem Solving Skills – Demonstrate ability to analyze a problem through to resolution.
• Ownership – Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness of tasks assigned; monitor work and provide quality output.
• Adaptability – Manage competing demands and changing priorities.
• Assists and develops other staff members by sharing knowledge and skills.
• Demonstrates initiative and attention to detail along with strong analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally across a broad corporate landscape.
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance but also a team player sharing project responsibilities.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and show flexibility as needed.
• Ability to work under deadline pressures while maintaining a positive work environment.
• Demonstrate dependability; initiative, and accountability.
• Demonstrate company loyalty by supporting company goals and enforcement and modeling of company policies.
• Communicate and work in a respectful, supportive manner with all teammates
• Must be able to work at a computer in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work in an open work environment while maintaining strong concentration and focus.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Job Family CORP Finance
- Job Function NMGR
- Pay Type Salary
- Boca Raton, FL, USA