Medical Documentation Reviewer
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing business operations and administrative support to the University of Colorado School of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers and is affiliated with the leading medical institutions in the West. Located adjacent to the Anschutz Medical Campus, one of the largest and most advanced academic medical campuses in the country, CU Medicine offers a variety of administrative, technical and healthcare support career opportunities and serves as a resource for patients and physicians.
We are seeking 2 motivated Documentation Reviewers to join our Audit, Compliance & Education team.
The Documentation Reviewer will conduct internal documentation reviews of all CU Medicine attending physicians, residents, Advanced Practice Providers (AAP), and learners involved with the documentation and billing for professional services in accordance with Federal and State regulations, AMA, and payer policies and procedures.
This position is ideally designed for an experienced medical coder looking to transition into an entry level audit position. However, motivated individuals with CPC-A (and local to Colorado) may be considered. The Documentation Reviewer will receive guidance, and initial/ongoing training by the Education Program Manager and experienced auditing staff.
The Documentation Reviewer will:
- Perform provider documentation reviews on a regular basis as defined by compliance requirements.
- Determine if/when additional education is necessary and convey identified education needs to the Education Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Conduct internal reviews of medical documentation supporting claims billed to Federal State, and third parties to ensure billing is done in accordance with regulations and/or standards while also evaluating the appropriateness of the services.
- Prepare written reports of audit results and present findings to management.
- Perform follow-up reviews as determined by management.
- Participate in the revision of materials used by Education SMEs.
- Communicate and problem solve with Managers and Education SMEs on specific documentation issues.
- Support joint projects with other internal audit staff to resolve billing and documentation issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The listed pay range (or hiring rate) represents CU Medicine’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting and is based on evaluation of competitive market data.
A variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, and education will be considered when determining the final offer.
CU Medicine provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions which take your total compensation beyond the number on your paycheck. Find information about our benefits here
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.21
- Max Hiring Rate $33.65
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America