Community Manager - Residential
Do you want to be part of a values-driven, 60+ year-old, multi-state company where customers and employees drive our success?
Decron Properties Corp. is a diversified real estate company specializing in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily apartment buildings, commercial shopping centers, and office buildings.
Our Mission:We Create Great Communities Where We Live, Work, and Shop
- Integrity: Do the Right Thing
- Teamwork: Everyone Together
- Empathy: Care for Our Customer
- Pride: Respect Our Work
- Accountability: Own It
- Continuous Improvement: Never Stop Growing
Our Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-term Disability, 401k with matching, and more!
The Community Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations and management of a multi-family residential community. The Community Manager supervises all onsite staff, including but not limited to Assistant Community Manager, Leasing Consultant,
Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Technician and Porter. The Community Manager reports to the Residential Portfolio Manager.
- Generate and collect monthly revenue in accordance with budgeted goals.
- Manage resident relations with tact, diplomacy and courteous communications.
- Maintain monthly budgeted occupancy while ensuring highest market rents are achieved.
- Ensure the community appearance and curb appeal is maintained to a Class "A" level on a daily basis.
- Ensure service requests and community repairs are scheduled and completed on a timely basis. Resident service requests are expected to be completed within 48 hours from the time of request.
- Participate on daily tours and inspection of the community with the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Create and execute marketing strategies to achieve the budgeted Occupancy, Gross Potential and Rent Growth goals of the community.
- Coach, mentor and train the leasing team to achieve weekly/monthly leasing goals.
- Review Guest Cards and monitor follow-up communications.
- Ensure that deposits, rental payments and late/NSF charges are collected on a timely basis.
- Respond promptly to resident complaints, concerns and requests.
- Develop and utilize resident retention programs.
- Enforce company policies and community rules with consistency and fairness.
Community Leasing/Marketing: All managers are expected to participate in leasing available apartments.
- Greet prospects and qualify applicants according to Decron’s application criteria.
- Tour community and focus units. Present amenities and close the sale.
- Process applications for approval and prepare leases. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Follow up with prospects unable to close. Send "thank you for visiting" e-mails, hand-written notes and phone calls.
- Manage monthly lease expirations to maximize rent growth opportunities in the primary leasing season and minimize lease exposure in the slowest periods of the leasing season.
- Prepare Monthly Rent Increase recommendations for Portfolio Manager approval.
- Send out Approved Renewal Letters and follow up through completion. For Non-Rent Control Communities, Renewal goals are 40% - 65% depending on community submarket.
- Review monthly financial results of property versus Budget and Year-to-date results each month.
- Prepare and complete monthly reclasses as required by Accounting.
- Complete monthly Variance Reporting Analysis.
- Make pricing recommendations to the Portfolio Manager on a regular basis.
- Prepare annual budgets.
- Update all residents’ transactions in Yardi on a daily basis.
- Collect and post rents daily.
- Plan for and utilize community resources, equipment and supplies economically.
- Complete processing of invoices in a timely manner.
- Review and manage all expenses weekly to maintain within budgeted guidelines.
- Obtain proposals from vendors as needed for projects. Analyze scopes of work and make sure the comparison is "apples to apples." Create bid chart and make recommendation to submit to Portfolio Manager.
- Ensure that all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis, including move-in/new lease packages, final deposit accounting statements and purchase orders.
- Prepare, implement and recommend procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Carefully monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal eligibility, marketing data and be prepared to offer recommendations.
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (HR, emergency info)
- Monitor maintenance, construction and renovation projects to ensure quality and expediency. Walk units to make sure Service Requests for make-ready units were completed accurately and timely.
- Function as a Leader in times of emergency for the community. Ensure Emergency Action Plans are in place at the community and staff is properly trained in response to an Emergency.
- Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc within company guidelines to minimize liabilities such as criminal activity, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, earthquakes, etc.
- Use consistent, effective techniques and follow company guidelines to screen, hire, on-board and train new personnel.
- Nurture effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, coaching, counseling and guidance.
- Complete daily/weekly office and maintenance checklists, schedules and assignments. Monitor progress of work assignments.
- Deal effectively, consistently and timely with performance issues. Document accurately and communicate with the Portfolio Manager and Director of Human Resources and/all performance and/or personnel issues.
- Execute personnel actions with the Portfolio Manager or Director of Human Resources when deemed necessary.
- Promote a healthy team-oriented work environment, focused on quality, job performance and exceptional customer service through support, effective leadership and positive reinforcement.
- Ensure all administrative functions pertaining to personnel are processed on a timely basis. (Performance evaluations, salary reviews, weekly time sheets, change of status forms, etc.)
- Ensure staff compliance and consistency with regard to company policies and procedures, industry regulations, and safety practices.
Attendance is an essential job function.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted or modified at any time by the management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify, Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer, Empleador de Igualdad de Oportunidades
Thank you for considering Decron Properties as your career choice.
- Pay Type Salary
- Fremont, CA, USA