Asset Manager - Finance
Do you want to be part of a values-driven, 60+ year-old, multi-state company where customers and employees drive our success?
Decron Properties Corp. is a diversified real estate company specializing in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily apartment buildings, commercial shopping centers, and office buildings.
Our Mission: We Create Great Communities Where We Live, Work, and Shop
- Integrity: Do the Right Thing
- Teamwork: Everyone Together
- Empathy: Care for Our Customer
- Pride: Respect Our Work
- Accountability: Own It
- Continuous Improvement: Never Stop Growing
Our Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-term Disability, 401k with matching, and more!
The Asset Manager position offers the opportunity for a self-starter with real estate related analytical and quantitative experience to work with a diverse group of people in a highly collaborative environment. This person should possess strong organizational and problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail in financial modeling, analysis, forecasting, and reporting. The Asset Manager will support the execution of value-add strategies of an assigned multifamily real estate portfolio. The overall responsibility is to maximize asset values through execution of the business plans and capital transaction opportunities.
- Assist in preparation and review of asset level annual budgets and portfolio-level annual strategic business plans.
- Annually assess the physical condition report prepared by Operations. Understand each property’s competitive positioning relative to rents, occupancy, common and unit amenities, unit finishes, and any other property attribute and recommend initiatives to maintain a competitive edge.
- Monitor portfolio to ensure achievement of targeted financial results per approved annual asset strategy. Participate in quarterly Operations review with property management personnel.
- Monthly review of financials and narratives. Review weekly project data including leasing reports, traffic reports, and delinquencies.
- Produce asset and financial performance reports and market updates for investors on a quarterly basis including presentation pages for investor meeting.
- Work with Operations and Construction teams to review and assess capital expenditure plans, including value-add renovations to maximize property performance and cash flow.
- Conduct quarterly site inspections to evaluate physical condition, operations, and competitive market conditions.
- Maintain knowledge of current multifamily trends and individual property markets and submarkets.
- Prepare and update financial models in Excel and/or Argus for existing assets and portfolios including (1) analysis of leasing, financing, budgeting, and hold/sell decisions and (2) internal rate of returns, time -weighted returns, sensitivity tables, property valuations, cash-on-cash returns, and various other return metrics
- Prepare and submit lender draw requests and be liaison to bank to coordinate funding.
- Review office & retail commercial LOI’s for all lease renewals and new leases& leases and prepare recommendations for review with COO & CEO. Be main point of contact with broker.
- Other asset management responsibilities will include support of the acquisitions team with underwriting and managing complex real estate issues for the firm’s portfolio as they arise.
·Commitment to the Company’s Core Values
·BA or BS degree with a business, finance, or real estate concentration
·2-4 years of relevant real estate or financial services experience in investment banking, private equity, REIT, or real estate operating company
·Ability to build complex models from scratch
·Excellent financial analysis skills
·High level of proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
·Self-motivated and hard-working with strong attention to details
·Excellent time management and organization skills
·Familiarity with Yardi a plus
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted or modified at any time by the management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify, Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer, Empleador de Igualdad de Oportunidades
Thank you for considering Decron Properties as your career choice.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Decron Properties Corporate, 6222 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, California, United States of America