JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for repair and maintenance of various HVAC / mechanical systems of the stadium. Specific focus will entail equipment preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of reported mechanical problems or occupant complaints and make repairs to equipment and systems and assist other areas of the facilities as needed.
Maintains and repairs various HVAC/mechanical systems of stadium by:
- Repairing the building HVAC equipment in order to extend the useful life of the equipment while reducing overall life cycle costs.
- Conducting regular & routine hands-on inspections (preventative maintenance) of HVAC systems equipment to verify proper operation and identifying potential maintenance issues early or to trouble shoot problems when necessary and prior to requesting a service call from the contractor when possible
- Determining root cause of equipment malfunctions and create solutions for long term preventative maintenance to reduce equipment failure
- Implementing corrective actions to resolve equipment problems in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting and repairing VAV/VRH units, heat pumps, electric unit heaters, AHUs, ACUs, split systems, boilers, exhaust fans and minor ductwork
- Assisting lead HVAC tech in identify potential improvements / strategies which improve operational efficiency without negative impact to building occupants.
- Assisting as required during new construction, facility renovation or code compliance projects in order to maintain continuity of controls and monitoring through the building automation system (BAS)
- Providing constant updates of issues or concerns which may be present with HVAC systems or equipment
- Performing seasonal start up and shutdown of heating and air-conditioning equipment, making adjustments as seasonal demands and changes in occupied space utilization occur.
Completes administrative tasks of position by:
- Utilizing computer based CMMS (FMX) software to document maintenance, time, and material
- Ensuring work orders and other required documentation is completed in a timely fashion
- Assisting with development of annual operating budget for HVAC systems
- Assisting in making decisions which serve to reduce the overall life-cycle cost of HVAC systems and the stadium as a whole
- Ordering parts or supplies as needed for repairs or maintenance tasks within purchasing procedures.
Assists Lead HVAC Technician in oversight of HVAC service contractor(s) by:
- Monitoring the work of the contractor(s), as requested, in a hands-on fashion and fully documenting all work via the work order system
- Providing feedback to the Engineering Manager and Lead HVAC Technician in performance of HVAC subcontractor(s)
Ensures appropriate energy management procedures by:
- Scheduling dynamic HVAC control settings to meet a flexible facility use schedule (as needed)
- Assisting in reducing facility energy consumption through on-going monitoring & optimization of system performance
- Identifying energy conservation measures to reduce facility energy consumption while meeting internal and external customer needs and comfort levels.
Contributes to department team effort by:
- Assisting other maintenance personnel including Electricians, Plumbers and General Maintenance staff, with the completion of work as needed
- Assist in snow removal as needed
- Providing periodic event support on behalf of Engineering as assigned
- Working flexible hours as may be necessary to accommodate event schedules or to respond to emergencies if necessary
- Working all home Denver Broncos games and public events as assigned
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education / Experience
- Completion of High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Experience should include operation of facility BAS system and energy management principles.
- A minimum of two (2) years maintenance experience in Commercial HVAC, and refrigeration equipment. Experience should include maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting and repair of a wide range of HVAC equipment.
- Knowledge of building codes.
- Approved accredited post-secondary vocational or technical school diploma is preferred.
- Knowledge of Siemens Desigo CC (or other) preferred.
- EPA approved "Universal" type CFC certification preferred.
- Cooling Tower Experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of flexible water tube boilers, preferred and/or will learn within six months of employment
- Water Treatment Experience, highly preferred
- Strong technical skills with a focus on troubleshooting and repair
- Strong leadership, excellent professionalism, strong interpersonal & customer service skills.
- Works well in a team setting. Ability to adapt to department needs and supports all department and organizational goals.
- Organization & planning abilities. Ability to maintain strong documentation.
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Strong general knowledge in all areas of facility management / engineering / construction.
- Proficient with use of computers and computer software applications.
- Operates forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts or other similar material handling and maintenance equipment.
- Follows all safety guidelines and utilizes personal protective equipment at all required times. Reports any unsafe condition which may be observed.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to be certified in forklift, scissor lift.
- Must have a valid Colorado Driver’s License if required to complete the essential duties of the job or ability to obtain within 60 days.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Verbal and written ability to provide correspondence and status or maintenance tasks.
- Ability to operate a computer with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Ability to utilize smart phone to document and receive work orders.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Read, write and communicate English
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected salary range for this Colorado position is between $60,000 and $65,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Stadium Management Company offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, 401(K) matching program, Paid Holidays, affordable Health, Dental & Vision coverage, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
This job posting will remain open until we have identified an adequate applicant pool. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $65,000.00
- 1701 Bryant St, Denver, CO 80204, USA