General Maintenance Technician
JOB SUMMARY: Operates and maintains various equipment as well as performs general building repairs of stadium.
Duties and Responsibilities
Performs general maintenance and repair of facility by:
- Maintaining and repairing all stadium seats and cup holders
- Scheduling and performs repairs on walls, floors, framing, ceilings and ceiling tiles throughout stadium.
- Performing small scale paint projects throughout premium and general public areas of stadium. Projects may include drywall patching.
- Scheduling and performing repairs on doors and cabinet locks throughout stadium.
- Maintaining various pieces of furniture and fixtures throughout the stadium.
- Assisting other staff in the operation and replacement of equipment throughout the facility.
- Perform preventative maintenance to all stadium components that are not related to HVAC, Plumbing, & Electrical.
- Replacing carpet tiles and performing carpet seam repairs.
- Assisting with repairs to both mechanically and manually operated windows.
- Performing small-scale concrete repairs, including patching and routing/caulking.
- Assisting in repair and maintenance of stadium buildings, structures and assigned grounds.
- Assist with roll door, trash chutes and dock door preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Performing seasonal start up and shutdown of facility equipment and systems as required.
- Occasionally performing minor carpentry work.
- Assist in determining source of leaks.
Contributes to department team effort by:
- Installing of stadium décor, including but not limited to site banners, graphics and pictures.
- Assisting in snow removal as necessary.
- Communicating regularly with department management and staff to provide constant updates of any issues or concerns which may be present with systems within responsibilities.
- Assisting other maintenance personnel including Electricians, Plumbers, HVAC and General Maintenance staff, with the completion of work as needed.
- Operating forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts or other similar material handling and maintenance equipment.
- Performing event support for various events supported at facility as a stadium representative.
- Erecting scaffolding.
- Working flexible/long hours as may be necessary to accommodate work requirements, event schedules and respond to emergencies if necessary.
- Working all Denver Broncos Home football games and public events as assigned.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Performs administrative tasks of position by:
- Identifying and documenting equipment and building structure in need of repair.
- Utilizing computer based CMMS software (FMX) to document and track all work activities, time, and materials
- Ensuring work orders and other required documentation is completed in a timely fashion.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Approved accredited post-secondary vocational or technical school diploma preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of experience with common tools and equipment normally used in the carpentry, masonry, warehousing or general construction preferred.
- 2 – 3+ years of experience in facility, commercial maintenance and / or home construction preferred.
- Understands and adheres to SMC Employee policies and procedures.
- Willing to work extended and/or irregular hours including weekends and holidays as assigned.
- Excellent work ethic, professionalism, strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organization and planning abilities.
- Works well in a team setting as well as independently. Ability to adapt to department needs and supports all department and organizational goals.
- Above average oral and written communication skills with ability to maintain strong documentation.
- Strong general knowledge in all areas of facility maintenance / construction.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong general knowledge of commercial facility repair and maintenance
- Basic knowledge of stick welding
- Ability to comprehend and communicate efficiently and with other employees.
- Ability to be certified in forklift, scissor lift.
- Must have a valid Colorado Driver’s License if required to perform the essential duties of the job or ability to obtain within 60 days.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Verbal and written ability to provide correspondence and status or maintenance tasks.
- Ability to operate a computer with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Ability to utilize smart phone to document and receive work orders.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Read, write and communicate English.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected salary range for this Colorado position is between $45,000 and $50,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Stadium Management Company offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, 401(K) matching program, Paid Holidays, affordable Health, Dental & Vision coverage, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
This job posting will remain open until we have identified an adequate applicant pool. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $45,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- 1701 Bryant St, Denver, CO 80204, USA