Sound Designer/Video Editor
Job Summary: The Denver Broncos and Stadium Management Company are seeking a creative sound designer and video editor to join our Broadcast and ThunderVision Production team. The candidate will be responsible for audio sweetening, audio creation and sound design for productions and live experiences as well as day-to-day video editing of gameday and entertainment content. Programs will include those distributed on broadcast channels, digital platforms, internal and external client productions and in-venue. As a sound designer, this individual will pitch content ideas and find ways to creatively tell our stories - from concept through completion. The candidate will participate in the creative process and will be an essential teammate in a quality driven, fast-paced and dynamic environment. This position requires strong working knowledge of the Adobe Suite, including Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects as well as audio-driven software such as Pro Tools, Audition or Studio One.
Duties and Responsibilities
Conceptualize, design and create audio tracks and sound treatment for game presentation video features and broadcast programs by;
- Creating unique audio experiences and music playlists for fans attending events at Empower Field at Mile High;
- Understanding project priorities and timelines
- Understanding the culture, messaging and strategic communication processes associated with working for a professional sports team;
- Create, polish and refine all content to the highest technical level achievable in sound design;
- Producing compelling content on very tight turnarounds;
Edit compelling player and sponsor features and vignettes and work with other editors to improve sound design on various video productions;
Assist in video shoots, studio productions and other such video-related tasks as needed; Work closely with team producers and other editors on collaborative projects;
Assist in live production of Denver Broncos television and in-stadium productions; Other production and team duties as determined by manager.
Establish best practices on effective and technical audio editing techniques, as well as identify and recommending new technologies by:
- Keeping current with technology and latest industry trends
- Participating in department meetings.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Resume and Cover Letter explaining interest in this job and experience with different production technology;
- Link to your Creative Work showcasing professional ability;
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Production, Music, Fine Arts or similar, appropriate field;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an editing and sound design capacity;
- Working proficiency with audio production hardware and software (e.g. Audition, Pro Tools, etc.);
- Working proficiency within the Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects.
- Professional experience in similar position with a professional sports organization; college athletics program, broadcast entity or performance venue;
- Industry work as an A-1 or A-2;
- Possess developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- Applied knowledge of video production workflow and process;
- Critical awareness of video production standards and accepted practices;
- Creative writing skills;
- Innovative/creative thinker with enterprising ideas;
- Have a problem-solving, customer centered attitude;
- Take initiative. Be active and involved;
- Manage time efficiently in a fast-paced environment which requires multi-tasking and has quick turnaround times;
- Be flexible in accepting of changing priorities;
- Exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities;
- Work closely and collaboratively with a talented and established team, while being self-driven and self-efficient;
- Be detail-oriented, especially under the pressure of quick deadlines;
- Be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required;
- Be open to, and have the ability to give and receive, constructive criticism;
- Have a strong interest in continued learning and professional development – as an individual and for the creative team;
- Have a passion for what you do; High level of energy and commitment;
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected salary range for this Colorado position is between $60,000 and $80,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Stadium Management Company offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, 401(K) matching program, Paid Holidays, affordable Health, Dental & Vision coverage, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
This job posting will remain open until we have identified an adequate applicant pool. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $80,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 1701 Bryant St, Denver, CO 80204, USA