Corporate Partnerships Sales Manager
Ford Field Stadium, 2000 BRUSH ST, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America Req #155
Friday, April 23, 2021
Ford Field Management, LLC is Detroit's premier sports and entertainment destination and is the game day home of the Detroit Lions. Throughout the year, Ford Field hosts events such as concerts, motorsports, college and high school sports, high school and college graduations, and more. Ford Field also has space available for conferences, meetings, and banquets. Ford Field has hosted major events such as Super Bowl XL and the 2009 NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four.
Ford Field Management and the Detroit Lions currently need a Corporate Partnerships Sales Manager. This position may be temporarily remote based due to COVID-19. It will be based out of the Ford Field stadium located in Downtown Detroit. We will accept applications for this position until 11:59PM on May 3rd, 2021.
The Corporate Partnerships Sales Manager role will be responsible for identifying, developing and retaining potential corporate sponsors, advertisers and business partners as part of an effort to generate new and sustain existing revenue streams that support the Detroit Lions and Ford Field Management’s business objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
The Corporate Partnerships Sales Manager position will develop and execute effective sales strategies to achieve sales goals as directed by the Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships, which includes:
- Responsible for creating, developing and selling fully integrated partnerships with local, regional and national clients/markets and develop effective pursuit strategy to secure partnerships
- Identify and collaboratively assess partnership opportunities while establishing new client relationships utilizing various sales strategies, including but not limited to, research, cold calls, site visits, and outside sales calls
- Focus on new business development and initiate new contracts
- Source new business opportunities with a primary focus on B2B within partnership/sponsorship assets as well as a contribution within all 3 major revenue streams (Partnership, Premium Suites, and Ticketing)
- Coordinate and execute a minimum of 15 sales calls/1 face to face appointment per day on any potential customers through cold calling, prospecting, and referrals
- Develop and nurture strategic/mutually beneficial relationships with current partners to drive additional revenue generation
- Sustained development and management of partner relationships with a focus on the creation of plans which accomplish strategic objectives and a measurable return on investment
- Partner with internal departments (e.g., marketing, broadcast, digital, community relations, youth football, events) to develop and execute programs that support partnership programs and elements
- Serves as a direct liaison between the Detroit Lions and all assigned corporate sponsor constituents
- Achieves sales revenue goals through productive prospecting and deal closing activities
- Closes new business opportunities by representing the Detroit Lions at networking events and attending various business and association meetings
- Work with internal team members to create Partnership proposals and successfully negotiate contracts
- Monitor industry trends and issues, particularly those impacting corporate partnerships
- Utilize and provide excellent interpersonal and service skills to build and develop mutually beneficial relationships with partners.
- Maintain professionalism when communicating with internal and external contacts
- Champion corporate sponsor objectives on all on-going management issues
- Effectively communicate client needs to the Partnership Activation team to ensure complete success
- Maintain an appropriate level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and of web tools and software being used
- Must be motivated, reliable, and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be accurate and efficient with the ability to meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Will keep appropriate information confidential
- Will adjust schedule as needed to meet department demands, work goals and time constraints, including working nights, weekends, and holidays as football schedule directs
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business, Communications, Marketing or Management required. MBA or Graduate Sports Administration/Management degree is a plus.
- 3+ years of professional experience required, including three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training in sports partnerships sales. Previous experience in a professional sports or entertainment venue preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment generating effective solutions quickly and/or raising issues to management as necessary
- Team player spirit with an exceptional customer service attitude
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to work extended hours including games and events in the evening and on weekends
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently and to be self-motivated
- Exceptional problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail and ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
- A valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
- May require work out of both the Ford Field Management Office and the Allen Park Training Facility
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Top Tier Healthcare Coverage
- 100% Paid Premium for Disability and Employee Life Insurance Coverage
- Health and Dependent Care FSA
- Paid Time Off & 13 Holidays
- Summer Hours
- Free Virtual Fitness Classes
- Enhanced Employee Assistances Programs
- Exclusive Discounts
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Free On-Site Parking
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Monthly Technology Allowance/Stipend
- Company-Wide Events
COVID-19 & REMOTE WORKING:
The safety of our employees and our candidates is paramount as we manage through the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our work processes.
We have implemented the following to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our offices and facilities including:
- Temperature checks, COVID-19 questionnaire prior to building access, regular cleaning, masks and hand sanitizer.
- Temporary work from home options based on position.
- Suspension of non-essential travel.
- Virtual interviews via phone/video and remote onboarding/training, where feasible.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
NO CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE.
- Pay Type Salary
This posting is inactive.
- Ford Field Stadium, 2000 BRUSH ST, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America