Sr Audio Visual Field Service Technician - Burbank CA
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
* technical support of audio-visual, as well as broadcast equipment and systems located within the following types of environments: business/corporate, government, educational, houses of worship, arenas, theaters, multipurpose rooms, control room environments, and military.
Field Service resources are dispatched by our Global Service Center Agents in response to service & warranty support requests.
The SFST will deliver world class service, meet & exceed Agreement SLA’s, optimize Service resources and troubleshoot & resolve issues with minimal client impact. The SFST is responsible to meet and exceed client business productivity outcomes including optimize system performance and maximize client technology up-time. The SFST will be responsible for mentoring other service technicians and providing the highest levels of service support. .
What will you be doing?
Technical support to Audio Visual / Broadcast solutions which may include: Video Teleconferencing / Polycom Real Presence; Cisco TelePresence / Acano systems; Barco / Planar / Prysm / VuWall / CineMassive / Prysm / Cyviz displays; Dante; Evertz; VBrick; Cisco Unified Communications; Skype for Business / Microsoft Lync Video & IM; Audio DSP systems / QSYS / Biamp / ClearOne; Digital Signage Systems; Crestron / AMX / Utelogy Controls; Black Magic; Grass Valley; Patch Bays; Ross; Sony; Imagine; Utah Scientific; ST-2110 systems; broadcast decoders; Calrec; SSL; Yamaha; IPTV; Enterprise scale KVM; ClearCom; RTS; Riedel.
- Provide customers the highest level of AV,
- Develop an on-going customer relationship, resulting in future customer loyalty
- Complete Preventative Maintenance visits to ensure all client rooms and systems are operating in an optimum fashion
- Troubleshoot system issues to determine and find resolutions, ability to use a wide range of test equipment to troubleshoot and verify and document performance.
- Adjust Digital Signal Processor configuration files as needed
- Adjust and Load Control Programming Files as needed
- Escalate issues for further support through Global Service Center Agents, Field Service colleagues and ultimately internal Engineering and/or Manufacturers as necessary
- Work with manufacturers to develop relationships related to equipment servicing (technical support, securing return authorizations, complete repair functions required to resolve customer issues)
- Leverage ConnectWise service ticket system and Global Service Center partners to
- track all time including travel (to and from), troubleshooting actions, next step actions, recommendations and/or resolution (prior to leaving client site where possible)
- Provide operational support for meetings and events as required
- Able to read and understand functional design drawings as well as cable riser diagrams and all architectural drawings.
- Fiber optic and other types of cable testing and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for maintaining their toolkit, company vehicles and installation materials inventories. Keeping things clean, orderly and well documented.
- Responsible for maintaining their personal licenses, certifications and qualifications. (some states have specific requirement in this area)
- Maintain daily record of time worked on specific projects for timesheet entry and work performed reports
- This level of technician will be responsible for performing tasks on clients job sites with little supervision. This position may be responsible for the coordination with clients, other internal tech ops employees, contractors and subcontractors. This position requires a wide range of technical a people skills to perform successfully.
- This position is often alone on the job sites and requires making good judgement about decisions that need to be made. This position requires good diplomacy in working with our clients and other key stakeholders on the job sites. The Global Services Field Service Technician reports to the Global Services Regional Field Service Director.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee. The employee may on occasion be exposed to construction site conditions on a regular basis. Employee will be responsible for their safety while on job sites and to comply with all safety regulations in place by the GC. Use of PPE is usually required on job sites. The employee can typically spend at least 60% of their time on their feet and be required to mobile around the construction site. The employee must have the ability to occasionally climb ladders, use stairs and lift and/or move materials up to 40 pounds in construction areas. The individual is regularly required to use keyboards, test equipment and controls required for technology projects. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth vision. When not on construction sites, the employee will experience normal office and building conditions and be required to use office equipment such as computers, peripherals, etc
- Frequent travel by car and occasional airplane trips are required. Employee must possess a valid driver’s license in their state of residence. Employee will be required to use their own vehicle and will be reimbursed for mileage at the current corporate rate. Local travel to job sites (within a 2 hour driving distance each way) will make up 70-90% usually but remote travel can be up to 30% of the job at times. 10% remote travel is required on a regular basis.
- High school or GED equal
- AVIXA CTS Certification is desired.
- Five or more years as a field service technician or related industry experience.
- Must have a valid drivers license and adhere to our insurance requirements
- OSHA 30 Certificate is highly desired. (NYC OSHA30 is desired)
- Other relevant certifications may be required or preferred based on the technology focus of the position.
- High level of skills with a wide range of audio, video and networking equipment
- Knowledgeable of low voltage electrical concepts
- Possess basic to advanced networking skills
- Proficient use and safety with power tools
- Good verbal communication skills and good customer service skills.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Anaheim, CA, USA
- Burbank, CA, USA
- Corona, CA, USA
- Glendale, CA, USA
- Palmdale, CA, USA
- Pasadena, CA, USA
- Pomona, CA, USA
- Redondo Beach, CA, USA
- San Fernando, CA, USA
- Santa Clarita, CA, USA
- Santa Monica, CA, USA
- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA