Account Executive - Higher Education in Kentucky Market (AVE)
Diversified: Connecting Organizations with Effective Collaboration
Take your place on our team - one that shares a DNA of excellence, professionalism, dedication and service! With projects in over 50 countries and spanning six continents, we offer opportunities in a wide array of specialties and locations, empowering you to mold your career path to fit evolving needs and interests.
Our dedication in delivering exceptional service, keen drive to encourage the internal pursuit of maturing career interests and our pliability towards the day to day lives of all who make us whole, thus making us more than a team – Here at Diversified, we are a family!
The sun never sets on our global team, with more than 50 locations around the world. Just imagine what’s on the horizon for you as a member of the Diversified family!
We are passionate about what we do, connecting people, technology and experiences, where and when it matters most. We strive to attract employees who are committed to excellence, ambitious and want to work with an organization that rewards performance, values loyalty and is dedicated to achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. We are committed to supporting employee growth and providing opportunities to continually learn and develop their skills.
Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it.
About The Role
The Account Executive will have the opportunity to source new business, as well as leverage existing relationships to grow our Higher Education business in the Kentucky market.
What part will you play?
The Account Executive will join a solid team of professionals who are passionate about growing Diversified’s Higher Education business. You will be in a account management & hunter role, utilizing a consultative solutions sales approach. The Account Executive will be a solid relationship builder who will work along-side the sales leader and design team. The Account Executive is responsible for providing Diversified’s clients and prospects with the highest possible level of quality in service to their account.
The Account Executive is responsible for communicating the specifics of client requirements to internal and external Diversified support personnel, so that the client experiences a superior level of customer service. It is the responsibility of the Account Executive to make certain that client expectations are being met or exceeded by creating realistic expectations, then taking responsibility for meeting those expectations.
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Account Executive include the following:
Business Development & Sales
• The Account Executive is responsible to actively pursue technology integration business opportunities for Diversified within the Higher Education vertical
• The Account Executive acts as the team leader for Diversified’s delivery of proposals for customer and RFP opportunities, and functions as the lead customer relationship manager for new and assigned accounts.
• The successful candidate will work with the Sales Director or Territory VP to assist in acclimating to the Diversified selling environment.
• Candidate will work with the Sales Director or Territory VP to develop a sales plan to achieve corporate revenue and profit goals.
Technical and Business Expertise
• Candidates should possess a good understanding of the Higher Education vertical, along with audiovisual & collaboration technologies.
• Ability to understand, synthesize and create AV system designs is a strong plus. Technical skills preferred.
• An understanding of IT and networking technologies would also be helpful.
• Candidate should possess good business negotiation skills.
• Opportunity Forecasting/Sales Proposals/Sales Pipeline: Diversified utilizes a CRM system to track Opportunities.
• Weekly National and Regional conference calls to assess potential sales activity.
• The individual must be a team player and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team. They must represent Diversified professionally and ethically and demonstrate good judgment and common sense in handling customer issues.
• The individual must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision, and exercise strong technical, written and verbal communication skills.
What do we require from you?
• Associates or Bachelors’ degree accepted; equivalent work experience accepted
• 3+ years’ outside sales experience or direct client engagement
• Proven track record providing technology integration, communication collaboration, IT integration, hardware, software or related technology-based product or solution.
• Proven ability to identify and develop new sales opportunities
• Elevated level of professionalism (excellent oral & written communications skills)
• Desire to work in a thriving, high energy work place
• Team mentality, positive attitude, honest, loyal and motivated
• Experienced user of software CRM tools
- Collaborative work environments with dynamic growth opportunities
- Our commitment to your ongoing career development and education
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Opportunities to work on some of the world's most iconic and innovative projects
- The ability to shine as an industry leader
Diversified: Imagination Engineered
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified proudly connects our dynamic global clientele with the technology solutions that keep them competitive in an evolving market. From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, we turn technology dreams into strategic realities every day. Our passionate team delivers the most innovative solutions, lives on the cutting edge of technology and is constantly growing to better serve our expanding customer-base around the world. Connect to your future at Diversified, where if you can dream it, you can do it!
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions.
Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Kentucky, USA