At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
The Production Coordinator is the primary support to mechanics and fabrication shops by controlling production flow, work packets and task boards. The Production Coordinator works closely with program management, shop supervisors, team leads, and technicians to ensure projects maintain schedule.
- Initiate, monitor, track, and move parts as required through the company to ensure timely delivery to next production location
- Create and track task cards, entry control logs, aircraft discrepancy log sheets and work in progress forms for aircraft technicians
- Monitor status of Work in Process (WIP) quantity, man-hours, and costs, to detect delays, determine the cause of delays and initiate corrective actions to resolve problems and/or increase production
- Ensure ERP and other automated tracking system data is entered timely and accurately
- Expedite flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and maintenance schedules
- Notify management of any schedule conflicts and/or delays
- Communicate status of parts and materials using automated systems and manual reporting methods to ensure parts availability
- Coordinate with engineering, planning, and management to establish priorities, expedite and execute production schedule and avoid delays
- Communicate part status and estimated completion dates to leadership weekly
- Review customer work orders, drawings, schematics and materials to ensure technicians have all necessary items required to complete tasks
- Coordinate with engineering to correct any discrepancies found on work orders, drawings, and schematics
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational and computer skills, written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to work primarily in a non-climate-controlled environment
- General understanding of continuous process improvement
- Communication/Teaming - is an active team member who promotes teamwork, can mentor other employees and may take a leadership role on the team
- Technical and analytical ability to interpret documents such as engineering drawings, aircraft manuals, planning documents, safety procedures, and statements of work required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous military experience is advantageous
- Previous experience in scheduling or project planning/control coordination preferred
- Previous experience in aerospace or manufacturing industry strongly preferred
- Previous knowledge of Material /Enterprise Resource Planning systems strongly preferred
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, VA, USA