At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Purpose: The Painter performs painting on company aircraft parts and aircraft while providing general support the Paint Shop.
- Select paint according to company requirements and match colors of paint following specified color charts
- Mix paints in accordance with technical data sheet
- Remove grease, dirt, paint, rust or corrosion in preparation for paint application, using paint stripper abrasives, solvents, brushes
- Apply masking to areas where paint is prohibited
- Apply vinyl masking
- Monitor painting into spray guns and adjust nozzles and paint mixes for proper paint flow and coating thickness
- Sand aircraft surfaces to remove flaws and enhance adhesion for subsequent coats
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble sprayers and power equipment, using solvents, brushes, and cloths for cleaning duties
- Spray prepared surfaces with specified primers and top coats
- Blend spot repair areas
- Buff paint area of any defects
- Touch-up as needed
- Dispose of hazardous waste in an appropriate manner
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Wear proper PPE
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with aviation or automotive painting
- Ability to perform painting duties utilizing basic hand tools and paint equipment
- Proven technical/mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, especially their design, uses, repair and maintenance
- Ability to use and effectively navigate ERP program, time clock, and company intranet
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to utilize maintenance manuals to determine effective solution for painting requirements
- Manage time to effectively meet company priorities
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree through a technical/vocational school is preferred
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, VA, USA