At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
ARFF Firefighter (Airport Firefighter)
Department: Safety & Environmental Compliance
Location: Bridgewater, Virginia
Schedule: Monday- Friday (8AM-5PM) & Weekends (every 5 weeks)
The Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) Firefighter provides fire protection and performs ARFF related responsibilities for Dynamic Aviation and customer aircraft. During periods of non-active ARFF coverage, the position performs other safety and environmental compliance job responsibilities for the department. Position responsibilities are primarily 60% Safety/Environmental and 40% ARFF (these estimates will vary based on operational and customer needs).
- Perform duties in support of the Environmental Compliance and Safety department to include use of computers and data entry
- Assist with safety audits, safety equipment inspections and the organization/tracking of chemical and waste inventories
- Apply standard ARFF firefighting techniques for the protection of personnel and aircraft
- Provide standby coverage for aircraft operations including flight, ground and maintenance operations
- Remain available to respond to emergencies while performing routine inspections and other relevant tasking
- Perform routine inspections and preventative maintenance in accordance with manufacture requirements to ARFF apparatus, equipment and PPE along with proper documentation
- Responsible for promoting fire safety and enforces fire safety standards by acting and advising on all matters relating to the protection of life and property from fire and other risks
- Responds to fire alarms and emergencies and act prevent bodily injury and damage to assets
- Performs basic first aid and First Responder duties as a part of basic life support initial response
- Drives and operates firefighting vehicles, such as Airport Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) vehicles
- Complete recurring training
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Firefighter I and Firefighter II, meeting NFPA 1001, required
- Hazmat Operations, meeting NFPA 472 required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle
- Basic knowledge of fire apparatus, foam systems, dry chemical systems and hydraulic rescue tools
- Current CPR certification
- Physical requirements include:
- Ability to exert up to and exceeding 100 pounds of force occasionally and negligible amounts of force frequently to move objects
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, sometimes on uneven surfaces
- Ability to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl in confined spaces
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, 1402 Airport Road, Bridgewater, Virginia, United States of America