Production Planner I
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Production Planner I
Location: Bridgewater, VA
The Production Planner I provides support to mechanics and fabrication shops by initiating work packets and production documentation to facilitate fabrication and aircraft work. The Production Planner I works closely with Production Planner II/III, shop supervisors, team leads, and technicians to support project needs. To support Program Management, Technical Operations, and Corporate stakeholders with data/information to help improve operational effectiveness.
- Initiate, monitor, track, and move parts as required through the company to ensure timely delivery to next production location.
- Ensure ERP and other automated tracking system data is entered timely and accurately.
- Expedite flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and maintenance schedules.
- Notify management of any schedule conflicts and/or delays.
- Communicate status of parts and materials using automated systems and manual reporting methods to ensure parts availability.
- Coordinate with Production Planner II/III to establish priorities, expedite and execute production schedule and avoid delays.
- Coordinate with engineering to correct any discrepancies found on work orders, drawings, and schematics.
- Create and track task cards, entry control logs, aircraft discrepancy log sheets and work in progress forms for aircraft technicians.
- Monitor status of Work In Process (WIP)/Task Card quantity for each aircraft to provide as daily status reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Strong organizational and computer skills, written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to work primarily in a non-climate-controlled environment
- General understanding of continuous process improvement
- Strong team player that promotes a positive and collaborative work environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Previous experience in aerospace or manufacturing industry preferred
- Previous knowledge of MRP/ERP (Material Resource Planning/Enterprise Resource Planning) systems strongly preferred
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, 1402 Airport Road, Bridgewater, Virginia, United States of America