Sheet Metal Mechanic
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Job Purpose: The Sheet Metal Mechanic modifies and repairs aircraft in accordance with FAA guidelines and customer requirements.
- Read and understand repair and modification drawings, follow both written and verbal instructions in completion of work
- Perform standard sheet metal duties such as riveting, drilling, and measuring in conformance with technical data
- Remove and install Original Equipment Manufacturer parts and modified structure on the aircraft
- Work to ensure all maintenance and modification performed on aircraft comply with data and readily communicate with leadership on any non-compliances
- Work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards regarding Personal Protective Equipment
- Effectively document job completion paperwork as detailed in the repair station manual
- Use and effectively navigate Enterprise Resource Planning program, time clock and company intranet
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience performing sheet metal repairs and modifications
- Manage time to effectively meet company priorities and expectations
- Experience with King Air and/or DHC-8 aircraft preferred
- Hold a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant license preferred
- Must provide own tools (tool list provided on first day)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to:
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Lay in a prone position for more than 4 hours
- Comfortably work at elevated heights of at least 40 feet for extended periods of time
- Lift balance, and carry 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions
- Work well both in team environments in close proximity to others and independently.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, VA, USA