Quality Control Inspector
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
The Fabrication Quality Control Inspector role exists to ensure aircraft parts, assemblies, and installations manufactured under Dynamic Aviation’s Quality Control Manual for parts manufacturing conform to the applicable data, ensuring safety and reliability of aircraft modified by Dynamic Aviation.
- Dimensionally and visually inspect aircraft modification parts for conformity to drawings at pertinent steps of manufacture
- Identify, document, and report discrepancies found during inspections in accordance with Dynamic Aviation 145 repair station manuals
- Perform final inspections of manufacturing work packets to ensure all paperwork is completed according to established standards
- Update pass/fail rates in AS9100 ERP system to aid in visual management initiatives
- Research applicable standards required during the manufacturing process to aid in the conformity of parts
- Communicate department needs and improvement initiatives to the Quality Manager
- Assist in the performance of Receiving Inspections when not otherwise tasked
- Other duties as assigned
- A&P license required
- Ability to perform inspection duties by interpreting engineering data and applying to parts
- Ability to make decisions regarding inspections based on data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and the ability to use and effectively navigate ERP program, time clock and company intranet
- Ability to follow directions and remain on task
- A thorough understanding through previous experience manufacturing and/or inspecting structural and Avionics parts and assemblies.
- A thorough understanding of aircraft maintenance procedures, aviation standards and FAA regulations
- Ability to work in close proximity to other people with a cooperative attitude
- Manage time to effectively meet company priorities
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree through a technical/vocational school is preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience performing manufacture of machined or fabricated parts, and/or avionics kits required
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, VA, USA