General Ledger Accountant
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for assisting in the monthly general ledger close process, preparing and reviewing routine and non-routine entries, analyzing key accounts and variances, reconciling accounts, supporting audits and ensuring proper internal controls are in place.
This includes daily, weekly and monthly financial statement accuracy of cash and debt monitoring supporting internal controls with Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Accounts Receivable functions. This role will also provide ad hoc support to the Accounting Department as needed.
- Prepare and process journal entry transactions in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or other systems, based on supporting documentation
- Complete timely and accurate monthly closing
- Prepare key balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis following up on discrepancies
- Develop appropriate communications with other groups to enhance their understanding of accounting adjustments
- Implement internal controls ensuring financial statement accuracy
- Assist with cash flow statements and daily cash requirements
- Document general ledger activities in support of company policy requirements
- Research technical accounting issues and document GAAP accounting conclusions
- Prepare other schedules and work papers as required for analysis and journal entries
- Interface with finance and other business departments
- Recommend and implement control improvements, policies and procedures as needed
- Enter newly created assets, code direct purchase assets, and dispose existing assets to GL and the Fixed Assets system
- Prepare billings for real estate taxes, business personal property taxes, and licensing
- Assist with aircraft registrations and state sales tax for aircraft
- Prepare compliance related filings related to interstate trucking and corporate registrations
- Participate in special projects and process improvement initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in accounting required or an Associate degree in business is acceptable with several years of accounting work experience as a Staff Accountant or Senior Accountant
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or progressive experience working in an accounting team is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant accounting or finance experience required; 5+ years of related experience preferred
- Technical accounting experience beyond AP and AR responsibilities required
- Knowledge and ability to understand the cash, loan, and basic banking processes
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Experience providing excellent service to internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively and communicate across all levels in the organization
- Ability to multi-task with competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office products
- Experience with a mainframe ERP system is preferred
- Pay Type Salary
- Bridgewater, VA, USA