At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our
customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that
serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities
worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members
overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working
to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a
legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and
customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700
aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic
Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives
You will grow both personally and professionally being a
part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and
support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the
world? Opportunity awaits!
Continuous Improvement Specialist
Location: Bridgewater, VA
Job Details: The Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for championing and leading Lean initiatives by utilizing the company’s LEAN deployment strategy. The position organizes value stream mapping and continuous improvement initiatives to eliminate waste in all areas of the business.
• Leads and guides Lean initiatives within Dynamic Aviation
• Works with management on Lean process projects using lean tools and metrics
• Assists in the development of a Lean Strategy to be implemented company wide
• Coordinates initiatives and train associates how to continually eliminate waste
• Ensures that steering committees and teams are established at the location and are implementing the Lean principles, techniques, and methodologies according to Corporate requirements
• Makes implementation and results a top priority and regularly provides updates the Continuous Improvement Director
• Empowers every employee within the company through positive reinforcement of Lean to "Make Lean the way we do things at Dynamic Aviation"
• Provides effective change management, leadership, and optimization in implementing the corporate Vivid Vision across the company
• Serves as a catalyst for successful and sustained lean implementation
• Provides high level of technical and operational recommendations in meeting material control, product quality and customer service goals
• Supports coaching and teaching of lean principles using outside resources
• Ensures companywide Lean training for all employees
• Promotes a Continuous Learning environment
• Understands the current culture by reviewing existing documentation of policies and procedures
• Work with all operating disciplines by using value stream management to develop a master plan of meeting Lean goals
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a technical related field. 5+ years of equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree.
• 1-3 years of manufacturing technical experience demonstrating a self-starting and hands on quality
• Strong understanding of Lean principals, such as Value Stream Transformation (Mapping), Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S’s, Visual management, etc.
• Previous experience participating in lean events in manufacturing, engineering and support areas
• Must possess the demonstrated ability to articulate the desired state, purpose and value of lean and drive process improvement efforts in the elimination of waste
• Display a good understanding of financial measurements and financial goals
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to lead and support empowered employees in a team environment
• Strong presentation skills with groups of various sizes