Assistant Facility Security Officer
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Assistant Facilty Security Officer
Location: Bridgewater, VA
This role provides administrative support to the Facility Security Officer/Security Manager and the Security department.
- Serve as backup to Facility Security Officer and Airport Security Officer
- Daily monitor and update Security clearance database
- Develop, disseminate and monitor annual security training/briefing to ensure NISPOM compliance
- Initiate, review and approve employee and visitor security requests in Defense Information Security System (DISS)
- Process personnel clearances, conduct employee briefings, and provide a wide variety of duties in the administration of NISPOM rule 32 CFR Part 117 and other government security regulations
- Prepare documentation for and participate in self-inspections/inspections
- Make changes to employee security requests in DISS as needed
- Enter new hire employee information into appropriate databases
- Monitor and maintain the surveillance system
- Process visitor requests, conduct security briefings, refreshers and debriefings
- Act as a first responder to security incidents during normal work hours
- Issue visitor, employee and contractor badges as required
- Maintain DCJS Armed Guard Certification
- Other duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-5 years of related experience required
- Ability to obtain certification in accordance with NISPOM rule 32 CFR Part 117
- Experience with a variety of database and software programs
- Ability to obtain DOD Security Clearance
- General COMSEC (Communication Security) knowledge
- Experience with MS Office products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- 2 years of experience as an AFSO or Security Specialist supporting Department of Defense government contracts is preferred
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, 1402 Airport Road, Bridgewater, Virginia, United States of America