Bell Person/Driver - PART-TIME - The Guest House at Graceland
Become a part of the exciting growth at Graceland!
Since opening to the public in 1982, Elvis Presley's Graceland has hosted over 20 million visitors from every state in the union and nearly every country of the world. Graceland welcomes over 500,000 visitors each year, is one of the five most visited home tours in the United States, and is the most famous home in America after The White House.
In 1991, Graceland was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2006, it was designated a National Historic Landmark.
Graceland visitors come from all walks of life, all ages, all musical tastes, all income levels, all educational backgrounds, and all parts of the world.
Our employees are ambassadors to Memphis and work hard to ensure all of our guests are treated with the same southern hospitality that Elvis Presley was known for.
JOB TITLE: Bell Person/Driver
DEPARTMENT: The Guest House at Graceland
This is a part-time position located in the Guest Services Department at The Guest House at Graceland having variable/flexible working hours/days to include weekends, evenings, holidays and overtime as required according to the business needs of the hotel. Rate of pay for this position with CDL and P endorsement is $13.50 per hour + tips.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Director of Rooms Operations of The Guest House at Graceland:
Transport guest luggage to/from guest rooms.
Escort guests to rooms and inform guests of all hotel services and features.
Responsible for attending to immediate needs of each guest upon arrival and follow through attention throughout stay.
Must have a thorough knowledge of all hotel services and amenities.
Shuttle bus drivers must arrive to work on time, drive their vehicles following a set schedule or route, and wear a company uniform.
They must gain familiarity with their route by studying maps if necessary and reading reports.
When they drive, they maintain constant contact with the hotel contact person and keep track of passenger pickups and drop-offs as necessary.
When passengers have questions, drivers must respond in a polite and friendly manner, deal with any complaints, and help with luggage as needed.
If problematic situations escalate, they must contact the supervisors.
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
6. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
7. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
8. Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room.
9. Transport guest luggage from current room to reassigned room for room changes.
10. Transport guest luggage from their room to the point of departure from the hotel.
11. Assist in locating guest's lost luggage.
12. Correctly tag, store and retrieve luggage from holding room.
13. Identify and explain hotel facilities and features to guests while escorting them to their room.
14. Identify fire exit closest to guest's room and explain safety features of assigned room.
15. Demonstrate use of room key to guests.
16. Place guest luggage inside room.
17. CDL license is updated and valid
18. Must have good driving record.
19. Ensure passenger safety at all times.
20. Must inspect shuttle at the beginning and end of shift to ensure that it is functioning correctly.
21. Must follow all traffic laws and posted speed limits, even at the expense of arriving late to their destinations.
22. If encounter any unsafe conditions or road hazards, they report the problems to PBX or hotel contact person.
23. If the vehicle develops mechanical difficulties, document the problems and communicate needed repairs to Bell Captain and Front Office Management.
24. Must ensure that passengers and luggage are safely loaded and unloaded from the shuttle.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stoop and reach; ability to sit for long periods of time; ability to climb stairs/ A good clear speaking voice is essential; must have 20/20 or near 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses; must be able to ascend and descend shuttle without ramp and the ability to hold and lock down wheelchair.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Work in a no smoking area; uniform is required; a valid CDL drivers license or equivalent is required; must be twenty-one (21) years of age; a good driving record is required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work flexible hours, evening, holiday, and overtime as required; must be able to use a hand-held radio; must be able to pass a physical and drug test according to DOT.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please complete an application online at www.graceland.com/careers. Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. We are an equal opportunity employer. This position will remain open until filled.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3600 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA