Barista - FULL-TIME - The Guest House at Graceland/Graceland
Become a part of the exciting growth at Graceland!
Since opening to the public in 1982, Elvis Presley's Graceland has hosted over 20 million visitors from every state in the union and nearly every country of the world. Graceland welcomes over 500,000 visitors each year, is one of the five most visited home tours in the United States, and is the most famous home in America after The White House.
In 1991, Graceland was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2006, it was designated a National Historic Landmark.
Graceland visitors come from all walks of life, all ages, all musical tastes, all income levels, all educational backgrounds, and all parts of the world.
Our employees are ambassadors to Memphis and work hard to ensure all of our guests are treated with the same southern hospitality that Elvis Presley was known for.
This is a full-time position located in the Food and Beverage Department at The Guest House at Graceland and Elvis Presley’s Memphis locations with variable/flexible working hours to include weekends, holidays and overtime as required. Benefits will be offered after successful completion of a sixty (60) day introductory period. Rate of pay for this position is $12.50 per hour.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the general supervision of the Food Service Supervisors and Manager:
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Clean service or seating areas.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Order, receive, or stock supplies or retail products.
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
- Receive and process guest payments.
- Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of Memphis and Shelby county health codes; ability to work quickly and accurately under constant pressure of often conflicting deadlines and numerous interruptions; ability to maintain confidentiality; reading skills to understand and interpret regulations, policies and procedures; ability to put out stock as directed by manager and or supervisor; knowledge of restaurants stock and equipment; skill to operate and maintain restaurant equipment such as coffee machine, hot chocolate machine, soda machine, grill, fry vat, ovens, dishwasher and any other equipment located in assigned restaurant; ability to work and maintain a safe work area; ability to follow operating procedures on equipment in a safe manner.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stoop, reach, walk and stand for long periods; ability to lift boxes weighing up to 25lbs; speak clearly and distinctly.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Uniform is required; hair net must be worn; must follow and have knowledge of health codes and requirements.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work flexible hours, holidays, weekends, and overtime as required; ability to maintain confidentiality; no smoking or eating in the work area.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please apply online through the Company website at www.graceland.com/careers. Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. We are an equal opportunity employer. This position will remain open until filled.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3600 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA
- 3734 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA