Catering Specialist - FULL-TIME - The Guest House at Graceland
Become a part of the exciting growth at Graceland!
Since opening to the public in 1982, Elvis Presley's Graceland has hosted over 20 million visitors from every state in the union and nearly every country of the world. Graceland welcomes over 500,000 visitors each year, is one of the five most visited home tours in the United States, and is the most famous home in America after The White House.
In 1991, Graceland was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2006, it was designated a National Historic Landmark.
Graceland visitors come from all walks of life, all ages, all musical tastes, all income levels, all educational backgrounds, and all parts of the world.
Our employees are ambassadors to Memphis and work hard to ensure all of our guests are treated with the same southern hospitality that Elvis Presley was known for.
JOB TITLE: Catering Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Sales and Catering – The Guest House at Graceland
This is a full-time position located in the Sales and Catering Department at The Guest House at Graceland with variable/flexible working hours to include week-ends, holidays, evenings, and overtime as required. Eligible to enroll in benefits after 60 day introductory period. This is a promotional opportunity and is an internal/external recruitment.
Responsible for handling sales of catering events at the hotel The Guest House at Graceland and Elvis Presley Memphis Complex consisting of 450 rooms and 80,000 square feet of flexible space. The position manages clients from the initial inquiry through contracting, planning, and fulfillment, selling accommodations, food & beverage, resort services, and group recreation. Catering Specialist will primarily focus on the weddings and small meeting business.
- Maximizing Department Revenue
- Negotiate and contract with catering customers (both corporate and social) to maximize event space throughout the facilities to ensure that the most revenue is generated and that the department goals are being met. Consistently prospect for new clients and events.
- Driving Customer Satisfaction
- Consistently review/measure customer service through customer contact. Continue to drive high customer satisfaction through working with vendors and culinary and banquet team to ensure that customer expectations are being met or exceeded. Manage customer relationships on daily basis.
• Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through telephone prospecting, outside calls, mailings, site inspections and written communication.
• Plan, upsell and detail the meeting/function with the client including space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc.
• Complete contracts, prepare appropriate paperwork, including banquet event orders, coordinate with the appropriate areas in the hotel and resolve any issues, complaints, and problems to ensure a quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
• Utilizing Sales Platform to track accounts, bookings, contacts, and prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
• Knowledge of industry trends, competition, and key customers of the facility.
• Drive customer loyalty through excellent customer service throughout the sales process. Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending appropriate features and services that best meet their needs.
• Ability to develop and execute action plans to be able to meet/exceed predetermined goals for position and team as a whole.
• Conducts/Participates in meetings such as: Site Inspections, Planning Meetings, Department Meetings, BEO Meetings, Pre and Post conference meetings.
• Create and Distribute within established time frame, correspondence and paperwork to include but not limited to, BEO’s and Group Resume’s.
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Requirements:
• A degree in hospitality or business management is an asset but not required.
• Must have a minimum of 3+ years of sales experience.
• Excellent communication and guest relation skills in English
• The ability to work well with a large group of people in a team environment
• Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests
• Must be able to multi-task, have strong organizational & decision-making skills
Education: High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Prior sales and hospitality experience required. Knowledge of the Memphis market as well as Delphi/Salesforce and Opera preferred
Licenses or Certificates: Not applicable.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per company guidelines.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please apply online at www.graceland.com/careers . We are an equal opportunity employer. Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. This position will remain open until filled.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3600 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA