Banquet Set-Up Associate - FULL-TIME - The Guest House at Graceland
Become a part of the exciting growth at Graceland!
Since opening to the public in 1982, Elvis Presley's Graceland has hosted over 20 million visitors from every state in the union and nearly every country of the world. Graceland welcomes over 500,000 visitors each year, is one of the five most visited home tours in the United States, and is the most famous home in America after The White House.
In 1991, Graceland was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2006, it was designated a National Historic Landmark.
Graceland visitors come from all walks of life, all ages, all musical tastes, all income levels, all educational backgrounds, and all parts of the world.
Our employees are ambassadors to Memphis and work hard to ensure all of our guests are treated with the same southern hospitality that Elvis Presley was known for.
This is a full-time position located in the Marketing Department at The Guest House at Graceland with variable/flexible working hours to include weekends, holidays, evenings, and overtime as required. Eligible to enroll in benefits after 60-day introductory period. Rate of pay for this position is $13.50 per hour.
This position will work in the Banquet Department which handles over 80,000 square feet of event and meeting space at The Guest House at Graceland and Elvis Presley Memphis. Whether setting up and breaking down equipment (tables, chairs, dance floors), transporting supplies, stocking bars and buffets, or anything in between, this position plays a key role in making our events run flawlessly.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Always maintain positive guest relations.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Set up rooms and function areas with designated tables, chairs, staging, dance floor, easels, and other equipment as specified by group requirements (per BEO or Diagram) and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- Daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people.
- Location of all hotel function space and names of rooms.
- All styles of meeting and banquet room settings.
- Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- All departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- All safety guidelines.
- Retrieve clean linen and skirting from Laundry and stock in storage areas.
- Set up table linens, skirting and tabletop items (water pitchers, glasses, etc.) as specified by group and in accordance with details on Banquet Event Orders and departmental standards.
- Inspect set rooms for cleanliness and agreement to group requirements; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment and supplies to be set up in function area; rectify any deficiencies.
- Refresh rooms as scheduled, following departmental standards.
- Breakdown function areas as scheduled in accordance with departmental procedures. Store all reusable goods and return equipment to specified storage areas.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; sweep; remove non-floor closet items and transport to proper storage areas.
- Check under furniture for debris and remove if present; reposition furniture to correct floor plan.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips and stains and report damages to Supervisor. Dust and polish all woodwork.
- Empty trash containers, in public areas into proper containers for recycling.
- Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines.
- Return soiled linens/skirting to Laundry.
- Accommodate guest requests for additions/changes to scheduled arrangements courteously and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Deliver client packages/boxes of materials as assigned to/from scheduled function area.
- Assist with inventories as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
• Must have exceptional organizational skills.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects daily.
• Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and subordinates.
Education: High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Prior reservations or group coordinator experience required.
Licenses or Certificates: Not applicable.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per company standards.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please apply online at www.graceland.com/careers . We are an equal opportunity employer. Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. This position will remain open until filled.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3600 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA