Banquet Captain - FULL-TIME - The Guest House at Graceland
This position will work in the Banquet Department which handles over 80,000 square feet of event and meeting space at The Guest House at Graceland and Elvis Presley Memphis.
They will assist in leading the team for all banquet functions, including set-up, service, and breakdown. The Captain ensures that all personnel follow service standards to ensure that each event exceeds the guest’s expectations.
This is a full-time position located at The Guest House at Graceland with variable/flexible working hours to include weekends, evenings, holidays, and overtime as required. Benefits may be offered after successful completion of a sixty (60) introductory period.
- Supervise the daily operations of the Banquet area to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with local and corporate standard operating procedures.
- Supervise and direct the Banquet associates including servers and housemen.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Banquet area (order and maintain supplies, review set-up and food and beverage preparation and service) to ensure compliance with SOPs, Banquet Event Orders, safety regulations and procedures and to ensure an optimal level of service, quality, and hospitality.
- Verify diagrams and compare to set for buffet tables, guest table and other function room set-up needs for events and meetings.
- Meet and greet guest upon arrival and contact point person of event and ensure satisfaction.
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates FOH service staff.
- Assist in conducting pre-shift and pre-function meetings.
- Assures that all functions are properly staffed in accordance the event.
- Assures the neatness, cleanliness, and safety of all areas.
- Participates in weekly BEO meetings and Department meetings.
- Ensures that proper consumption is tracked, verified, and entered on banquet checks.
- Assumes Opening or Closing responsibilities when assigned.
- Conducts after-event evaluations to improve quality and efficiency of all FOH functions.
- Maintain complete knowledge of o daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people.
- Location of all hotel function space and names of rooms.
- All styles of meeting and banquet room settings.
- Bar set up and service standards.
- Food service standards and proper etiquette.
- Adhere to all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
- Assures proper inventory of all banquet service equipment and supplies to meet required needs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have good supervisory skills and exceptional organizational skills .
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects daily.
• Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to speak clearly and distinctly both in person and on the telephone; lift packages weighing up to twenty-five (25) lbs.; ability to stoop and reach; ability to climb stairs; ability to stand for long periods of time.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Identification badge and uniform is required; must exhibit a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance at all times. Work in a no smoking area; must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required; must be able to work holidays; ability to maintain confidentiality.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Experience in the hospitality and/or hotel industry and/or equivalent education in hotel hospitality/business administration.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please apply online through the Company website at www.gracelandjobs.com. We are an equal opportunity employer. Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. This position will remain open until filled.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3600 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA