Beverage Supervisor - FULL-TIME - The Guest House at Graceland
Become a part of the exciting growth at Graceland!
Since opening to the public in 1982, Elvis Presley's Graceland has hosted over 20 million visitors from every state in the union and nearly every country of the world. Graceland welcomes over 500,000 visitors each year, is one of the five most visited home tours in the United States, and is the most famous home in America after The White House.
In 1991, Graceland was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2006, it was designated a National Historic Landmark.
Graceland visitors come from all walks of life, all ages, all musical tastes, all income levels, all educational backgrounds, and all parts of the world.
Our employees are ambassadors to Memphis and work hard to ensure all of our guests are treated with the same southern hospitality that Elvis Presley was known for.
This is a Full-Time position located in the Food and Beverage Department working variable and flexible days with working hours to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime, and on-premises catering as required. Benefits will be offered after successful completion of a sixty (60) day introductory period. This is an internal recruitment.
F&B Supervisor is to do the effective and efficient management and delivery of all Food and Beverage operations, with the aim that they provide the highest level of customer service, are cost effective, meet budgeted targets, and achieve GHG standards.
- Monitoring and proactively supervising staff to maintain the highest quality of service levels for hotel/restaurant guests.
- Supervise Staff including bartenders, servers, bussers, café/coffee shop staff, and barbacks.
- Exercise appropriate judgment in handling customer situations.
- Provide safe and responsible alcohol service to customers.
- Ensure that guests are provided with top quality, friendly and professional service. Maintain a delegate for clean working and customer areas.
- Ability to reconcile cash-outs and reports for discrepancies. Must be knowledgeable in POS systems.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must display effective interpersonal and oral communications skills.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Must have computer knowledge including Microsoft, POS systems, and Excel.
- Must have ServSafe and ABC Permit
- Report all safety concerns to proper management and safety team within hotel.
- Report to F&B Director and Manager.
- Ensure all Stand Ups are being performed on a regular basis.
- Must be able to perform all server duties below when needed:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- Table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the Restaurant.
- All liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware, and garnishes in the restaurant.
- The particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- All menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish, and method of presentation.
- P.O.S. and manual systems.
- Complete opening side duties as assigned:
- Check quality and amount of all restaurant stock and supplies using checklist.
- Fold napkins.
- Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to Restaurant.
- Set tables.
- Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, syrups, juices) and beverages (non-alcoholic).
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware, and chinaware for service.
- Properly breakdown and store all reusable goods.
- Clean all equipment.
- Restock items for next service.
- Remove all dirty linen.
- Marry and stock all condiments.
- Reset tables for next meal period.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Supervisory experience in full service dinning is required, hotel and formal bar experience is a plus; ability to cope with heavy workload; excellent communication and interpersonal skills is essential; ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision; excellent attention to detail; ability to perceive and work with a wide range of people; Some knowledge of food preparation including food safety techniques is required, Food and Beverage inventory control experience is helpful; ability to accurately handle money and cash transactions; skill to operate and clean various restaurant equipment; some knowledge of catering helpful, knowledge of Excel and Word computer programs is helpful.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stoop, reach, walk and stand for long periods of time; ability to lift boxes weighing up to forty (40) pounds; speak clearly and distinctly.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Uniform is required; hair net must be worn while in food production areas; work in non-smoking environment; must follow, have knowledge of health codes and be Serve-Safe Certified or willing to become certified, possess or willing to apply for an ABC Card and Beer Card.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please apply online through the Company website at www.graceland.com/careers . Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. We are an equal opportunity employer. This position will remain open until filled.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3600 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA