Banquet Server - FULL-TIME - The Guest House at Graceland
Become a part of the exciting growth at Graceland!
Since opening to the public in 1982, Elvis Presley's Graceland has hosted over 20 million visitors from every state in the union and nearly every country of the world. Graceland welcomes over 500,000 visitors each year, is one of the five most visited home tours in the United States, and is the most famous home in America after The White House.
In 1991, Graceland was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2006, it was designated a National Historic Landmark.
Graceland visitors come from all walks of life, all ages, all musical tastes, all income levels, all educational backgrounds, and all parts of the world.
Our employees are ambassadors to Memphis and work hard to ensure all of our guests are treated with the same southern hospitality that Elvis Presley was known for.
This is a full-time position located in the Sales and Catering Department at The Guest House at Graceland with variable/flexible working hours to include weekends, holidays, evenings, and overtime as required. Eligible to enroll in benefits after 60-day introductory period. Rate of pay for this position is $4.50 per hour plus gratuity. This is a promotional opportunity and is an internal/external recruitment.
This position will work in the Banquet Department which handles over 80,000 square feet of event and meeting space at The Guest House at Graceland and Elvis Presley Memphis. You will be the warm and knowledgeable ambassador of the hotel, welcoming guests into the event space and providing exceptional service throughout the dining experience. Serving meals and beverages with great sensitivity to timing and environmental cues are your main responsibility.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Able to read and understand a BEO with all details and notes.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned function:
- Pre-function side work.
- Detailed menu selections, major ingredients, appearance, texture, quality standards, garnish, and method of presentation.
- Particular characteristics/description of wines/champagne ordered.
- Prices for specified bar selections on cash bars.
- Station assignment and table set-up.
- Group name, type of function and expected attendance.
- Scheduled hours of service.
- Special requests/arrangements.
- Order of service, traffic flow in room.
- Breakdown all goods as specified.
- Clean all equipment as assigned.
- Restock items for next service.
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Remove all dirty linen and transport to Laundry.
- Marry and stock all condiments.
- Secure storage areas.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have exceptional organizational skills.
• Must be able to handle fast paced business.
• Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision
• Knowledge of various food service styles (French, Russian, Butler style service, etc.)
- Education: High school or equivalent education required.
- Experience: Prior Server and Bartender experience preferred.
- Licenses or Certificates: Needs to be TIPS certified or receive certification within 60 days of hire date.
- Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per company standards.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please apply online at www.gracelandjobs.com. We are an equal opportunity employer. Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. This position will remain open until filled.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3600 Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, TN 38116, USA