Self-Direction Community Hab
Once you’ve submitted your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and the person(s) you’re supporting - Self Direction Community Hab. # 14254
You will have the opportunity to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities as
they become further integrated into their communities. Daily, you will use your training as well
as your own knowledge and skills to support and guide people toward a healthy and safe lifestyle
of their choosing.
- Help a woman in North Syracuse with disabilities with day to day tasks including:
- Personal care
- Pet care
- Community activities
- Hours needed: Monday/Tuesday from 5pm-10pm, split shifts on Saturday 9am-2pm and 5pm to 10pm, as well as back up when needed.
- Will be required to help in transferring 90 lbs.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED
- Valid & Current New York State Driver’s License
- Access to a Reliable Personal Vehicle
- Ability to pass OPWDD Background Check
- Fair Computing Skills [all documentation is completed online]
- No experience necessary, although previous experience in the field of intellectual/developmental disabilities is preferred.
- All trainings provided by Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc
- Must be 18 years or older
- Applicants cannot have same address as person supported
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
- Employee must be able to train in and perform Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention -Revised (SCIP-R), CPR and first aid
Pay Rate: $15/hr
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer, and move minimum 50 lbs.
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Job Family Direct Support - Self Hire
- Pay Type Hourly
- Syracuse, NY, USA