Self Direction Community Hab
Once you’ve submitted your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and the person(s) you’re supporting
Assist individuals with brain injury, intellectual disabilities, and other neurological disabilities in achieving a challenging, stimulating, dignified life by serving as an advocate and liaison for and on behalf of individuals’ rights and benefits
Self Hired Community Habilitation Staff needed to provide individually tailored services and activities within the person’s home and at times out in the community. Flexible and fulfilling opportunity out in the South-wedge area of Rochester, NY. Perfect for a natural leader and mentor that finds satisfaction in helping individuals learn and grow.
- Valid NY State Drivers License
- Ability to pass OPWDD background check
- Patience and special interest in working with an adult diagnosed with mild intellectual disability
- Reliable, honest and possess a good work ethic
- Availability to work approximately 35 hours a week
- Requires application through Epilepsy Prailid
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant cannot have same address as person supported
- High School Diploma or GED and 1 year of similar experience
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
Pay range between $16.50 and 22.00 based on experience; opportunity for raises based on performance. Flexible hours between 11:00 am and 8:00pm M-F with occasional Saturday hours. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest along with a resume to Ashley Colby at Ashley.C.Broker@gmail.com
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer, and move minimum 50 lbs.
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Job Family Direct Support - Self Hire
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rochester, NY, USA