Self Direction Community Hab
Once you’ve submitted your application, please email email@example.com stating your name and the person(s) you’re supporting
Assist individuals with brain injury, intellectual disabilities, and other neurological disabilities in achieving a challenging, stimulating, dignified life by serving as an advocate and liaison for and on behalf of individuals’ rights and benefits
Community Habilitation Staff needed to work with a 17 year old, high functioning/Asperger’s male. Ideal candidate would be someone who enjoys fishing (or is willing to learn) and is able to help make progress on personal goals, like socialization (through love of fishing). He has 6 hours every Saturday that he utilizes to go fishing. Weekend hours only.
- Valid NY State Drivers License
- Ability to pass OPWDD background check
- Patience and special interest in working with an adult diagnosed with mild intellectual disability
- Reliable, honest and possess a good work ethic
- Requires application through Epilepsy Prailid
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant cannot have same address as person supported
- High School Diploma or GED and 1 year of similar experience
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
- Pay rate $18.00/hr; Please text or call 585-451-5427 for more information
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer, and move minimum 50 lbs.
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Job Family Direct Support - Self Hire
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rochester, NY, USA