Self-Direction Comm. Hab
Once you’ve submitted your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and the person(s) you’re supporting #14214
Assist individuals with brain injury, intellectual disabilities, and other neurological disabilities in achieving a challenging, stimulating, dignified life by serving as an advocate and liaison for and on behalf of individuals’ rights and benefits
You will have the opportunity to support a person with intellectual/developmental disabilities as he becomes further integrated into his community. Day to day, you will use your training as well as your own knowledge and skills to support and guide him toward a healthy and safe lifestyle of his choosing.
- Improve independent living skills
- Grocery shopping
- Explore things to do in the community
- Accompany to medical appointments
- Accompany to gym & exercise programs
- Walking for exercise in the community
- Provide encouragement & social support when going out in the community
- Transportation to chosen activities/errands
- Valid & Current New York State Driver’s License
- Reliable Personal Vehicle
- Ability to pass OPWDD background check
- All trainings provided by Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Applicants cannot have the same address as the person supported
- High School Diploma/GED
- Requires application through Epilepsy Prailid
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Part Time, Pay Commensurate with Experience and Education
Please email resumes to Sarah Vollmer, Support Broker: email@example.com
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer, and move minimum 50 lbs.
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Job Family Direct Support - Self Hire
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rochester, NY, USA