Self-Direction Comm. Hab
Once you’ve submitted your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and the person(s) you’re supporting- Self Direction Community Hab. #14088
You will have the opportunity to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities as
they become further integrated into their communities. Daily, you will use your training as well
as your own knowledge and skills to support and guide people toward a healthy and safe lifestyle
of their choosing.
- Seeking a creative, self-motivated, organized person to support a woman in her 30’s with exploring her community and learning basic living skills
- Must have a great sense of humor, be willing to go with the flow and excited to teach and try new things.
- Must be able to work independently and possess a responsible work ethic.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED
- Valid & Current New York State Driver’s License
- Access to a Reliable Personal Vehicle
- Fair Computing Skills [all documentation is completed online]
- All trainings provided by Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicants cannot live at the same address as the person supported
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
Specific vision abilities required by this job include
o Close vision
o Ability to adjust focus
- Employee must be able to train in and perform Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention -Revised (SCIP-R), CPR and first aid
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and/or Agency Van and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
OSHA Category 1:
This position requires tasks that involve exposure to blood or body fluids that requires specific training for the employees’ safety. All EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC employees are offered the opportunity to receive Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer, and move minimum 50 lbs.
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Job Family Direct Support - Self Hire
- Pay Type Hourly
- Syracuse, NY, USA