Self-Direction Community Hab.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and the person(s) you’re supporting - ID #14531
Assist individuals with brain injury, intellectual disabilities, and other neurological disabilities in achieving a challenging, stimulating, dignified life by serving as an advocate and liaison for and on behalf of individuals’ rights and benefits
You will have the opportunity to support a person with intellectual/developmental disabilities as
she becomes further integrated into her community. Perfect for a DSP who isn’t run-of-the-mill, and likes helping someone function in a home setting.
- Working with a young man to shop, share laundry expertise, and even take horseback riding lessons.
- Ensure ongoing health and safety for the person being supported.
- Support, train, and guide people as they socialize, make purchases, volunteer, exercise, or engage in other community-based activities of their choosing. These activities will be organized through the Person-Centered Planning process.
- Provide transportation as deemed appropriate for the day’s activities.
- Complete online documentation which meets all OPWDD regulations in a timely manner.
- Report all incidents to the Program Supervisor and agency QI Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid & Current New York State Driver’s License
- Reliable Personal Vehicle
- Ability to pass OPWDD background check
- All trainings provided by Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Applicants cannot have the same address as the person supported
- High School Diploma/GED
- Requires application through Epilepsy Prailid
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours to be discussed
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer, and move minimum 50 lbs.
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Job Family Direct Support - Self Hire
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rochester, NY, USA