Self-Direction Respite DSP
Once you’ve submitted your application, please email email@example.com stating your name and the person(s) you’re supporting
Assist individuals with brain injury, intellectual disabilities, and other neurological disabilities in achieving a challenging, stimulating, dignified life by serving as an advocate and liaison for and on behalf of individuals’ rights and benefits.
Respite aide needed for a disabled young woman in Macedon. She has cerebral palsy, developmental delays, and a seizure disorder (~3 seizures/month). She is partially nonverbal but understands conversation, questions, and instruction.
Responsibilities will include helping her at home with daily activities while parents are busy with other tasks. Activities includes arts & crafts, music, games, puzzles (and any skills or interests you have!), as well as helping with her disability equipment (walker, stander, bolster, wedge) – training provided by parents for all equipment.
Some personal hygiene assistance required.
- Cheerful, very patient, compassionate, self-motivated, and reliable
- Part time hours (weekends and weekday afternoons after 1pm)
- Must be 18 years of age
- Applicants cannot have the same address as person supported
- Must be trained in all required trainings within 90 days of being hired and maintain current certifications with all required trainings
- Maintain a valid New York State driver’s license
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
Additional Information: Home has 3 cats. No smoking on property or with the client. Contact Linda or Jeff Kingsley (parents) at 315-986-9674 for more information
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer, and move minimum 50 lbs.
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Job Family Direct Support - Self Hire
- Pay Type Hourly
- Macedon, NY 14502, USA