Self-Direction Respite DSP
Once you’ve submitted your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and the person(s) you’re supporting - Self Hire Respite #14060
Assist individuals with brain injury, intellectual disabilities, and other neurological disabilities in achieving a challenging, stimulating, dignified life by serving as an advocate and liaison for and on behalf of individuals’ rights and benefits.
Providing physical assistance for a non-verbal 14-year-old boy who is in a wheelchair. He is in need of social engagement, as well as assistance with eating and personal hygiene.
- Available to work a few hours a week, mostly evenings and weekends.
- Reliable, honest, and possessing with a good work ethic
- Must be 18 years of age
- Applicants cannot have the same address as person supported
- Must be trained in all required trainings within 90 days of being hired and maintain current certifications with all required trainings
- Maintain a valid New York State driver’s license
- $15 /hour
- High School diploma or GED and 1 year of similar experience.
- Must have a valid NYS Drivers License and access to a vehicle
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Applicants cannot have the same address as the person supported
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hands to finger, handle or feel, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
OSHA Category 1: This position requires tasks that involve exposure to blood or body fluids that requires specific training for the employees’ safety. All EPI employees are offered the opportunity to receive Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer, and move minimum 50 lbs.
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Job Family Direct Support - Self Hire
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rochester, NY, USA