Mendon Direct Care Assistant Supervisor
Provide for the continuous direction and day-to-day operation of the program. Provide oversight for all assigned individuals and supervision to all assigned staff.
- Maintain the health and well-being of the individuals EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC serves
- Monitor all Funders’ required documentation; Report all policy violations to appropriate personnel
- Is able to multi-task and stay well organized
- Serve as on-call as needed
- Provide protective oversight and supervision for individuals assigned
- Provide assistance and instruction services on a daily basis to achieve the individuals’ goals and objectives; provide support and assistance for Habilitators
- Ensure shift has proper levels of coverage
- Brings and energetic and upbeat atmosphere for the people supported
- Promote workplace safety
- Provides site specific staff training as requested
- Ensure all required reports are completed per specification
- Follow up on all employees’ documentation ensuring it is accurate and up to date
- Report all policy violations to appropriate personnel
- Collaborates with the Supervisor to improve and adapt existing systems to best benefit the people supported
Education and Experience:
- An Associate’s Degree in a related field; or
- High school graduate or equivalent and one-year experience in the human service field
- Must have and maintain a valid NYS Driver’s License
- All required trainings must be up to date
- At least 6 months of prior DC experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to talk, hear, walk, twist, bend, use hand to finger; sit for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
- Ability to view computer screens and use fingers for key board
- Ability to train in and perform all required trainings for this position
Schedule: 1p-9:30p Tu-Fri, 10a-6:30p Sat
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
OSHA Category 1: This position requires tasks that involve exposure to blood or body fluids that requires specific training for the employee’s safety. All EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC employees are offered the opportunity to receive Hepatitis B vacation series.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time or make changes to the job description per Agency or the individuals’ needs.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer, and move minimum 50 lbs.
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Job Family Direct Support
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rochester, NY, USA