Self-Direction Community Hab.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please email email@example.com stating your name and the person(s) you’re supporting - Self Direction Community Hab.
You will have the opportunity to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities as they become further integrated into their communities. Daily, you will use your training as well as your own knowledge and skills to support and guide people toward a healthy and safe lifestyle of their choosing.
- Provide transportation as deemed appropriate for the day’s activities.
- Support, train, and guide the person your supporting in community-based activities of their choosing.
- Ensure ongoing health and safety for the person being supported.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-year experience supporting people with disabilities
- Friday's negotiable
- Up to 13 hours
- Valid & Current New York State Driver’s License
- Access to a Reliable Personal Vehicle
- Fair Computing Skills [all documentation is completed online]
- No experience necessary, although previous experience in the field of intellectual/developmental disabilities is preferred.
- All trainings provided by Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc
- Must be 18 years or older
- Applicants cannot have the same address as the person supported
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer, and move minimum 50 lbs.
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Job Family Direct Support - Self Hire
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rochester, NY, USA