Self-Direction Comm. Hab
Once you’ve submitted your application, please email email@example.com stating your name and the person(s) you’re supporting. #14379
- Assist individuals with brain injury, intellectual disabilities, and other neurological disabilities in achieving a challenging, stimulating, dignified life by serving as an advocate and liaison for and on behalf of individuals’ rights and benefits.
- Provide supervision, training, and assistance in accomplishing activities of daily living, which includes, but is not limited to, self-care skills, social skills, recreation skills, community skills, and domestic skills for a 21 year old man
- Approximately 12 hours/week
- Prefer Wednesday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday availability
- Flexible hours!
- Mornings or evenings
- Assist management with individuals’ personal goal plans
- Familiar with seizure protocol
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent; one-year experience in the human service field preferred.
- Maintain a valid New York State driver’s license; a vehicle is required to perform the job
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be trained in all required trainings within 90 days of being hired and maintain current certifications with all required trainings
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communications skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Applicants cannot have the same address as person supported
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and/or Agency Van and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
OSHA Category 1:
This position requires tasks that involve exposure to blood or body fluids that requires specific training for the employees’ safety. All EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC employees are offered the opportunity to receive Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer, and move minimum 50 lbs.
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Job Family Direct Support - Self Hire
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rochester, NY, USA