Group Home LPN
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse provide health services to assigned individuals EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC serves. Conduct training programs as needed for in-coming staff.
- Maintain the health and well-being of the individuals EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC serves
- Administer medication in accordance with the Medication Administration Policies and Procedures; assist in the implementation and monitoring of regulatory health and safety standards
- Observe all individuals assigned and share observation with the RN to assist in determining health status which includes communicating with the individuals’ residences/programs, health care providers, families, guardians, and advocates
- Maintain a comprehensive, accurate, up-to-date health record-keeping system
- Assist in maintaining medical cabinets with all order and approved medication supplies and equipment; assist in determining adaptive equipment and supplies needed
- Develop staff training; report all policy violations to appropriate personnel
- Promote workplace safety
Education and Experience:
- Licensed as a Practical Nurse by the New York State Department of Education and one year of OPWDD-related experience.
- Maintain a valid New York State driver’s license; a vehicle is required to perform the job
- Completely trained in all required EPILEPSY-PRALID, INC training within 90 days of being hired.
- Maintain current certifications with all required trainings.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
- Employee must be able to train in and perform Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention -Revised (SCIP-R)
- Perform CPR and first aid
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and/or Agency Van and will be exposed to changing weather conditions.
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. Employment Requirements
All Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc. employees must have:
- A valid NYS driver license
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift, transfer, and move minimum 50 lbs.
- A high school diploma or Equivalent.
2 Townline Circle
Rochester, NY 14623
- Job Family Clinical
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rochester, NY, USA