Inbound Collections Agent
FLEETCOR has started the search for an Inbound Collections Agent. Under direct supervision, an Inbound Collections Agent performs a wide variety of credit & collection functions. Following established guidelines, handle inbound calls from customers regarding payment and other inquiries relating to their accounts.
** This position offers an hourly pay of up to $19.50/hour + opportunity to qualify for a monthly bonus of up to $600.00 **
- Responsible for the research and collection of Fleetcor products
- Make recommendations based on policy/procedures for mitigating risk
- Follow established guidelines/procedures regarding negotiations
- Negotiate for payment (dollar/method/date) on past due delinquency using procedural guidelines
- Ensure adherence to Fleetcor debt collections practices and procedures
- Monitor past due accounts and take appropriate actions to resolve problems by contacting customers, escalate issues to management; coordinate with respective departments any plans/solutions
- Maintain collection files and notes to facilitate aging reduction
- Research and reconcile outstanding accounts to resolve issues and determine if adjustments, correction or collections should take place
- Provide trainee support and coaching as needed while providing feedback to management
- Performs other job-related duties as requested to ensure the goals and objectives of the department are met
- Assessing those customers changing financial status and recommending modification to that relationship
- Report to a collection supervisor or manager and interact closely with Sales, Customer Relations and other Fleetcor departments to minimize losses and maximize profits
- High School diploma or equivalent required, some college strongly preferred
- 1+ year experience in call center and/or high-volume collections, required
- Basic written and verbal communication skills required
- Basic organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be goal oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal departments and external customers
- Promote customer awareness of contractual terms and conditions
- Demonstrate a self-motivated independent work approach
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.6B Annual Revenue
- 100+ Countries
- 2.0B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,500+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2019)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equality, Inclusion, Belonging
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 16701 Greenspoint Park Dr, Houston, TX 77060, USA