Team Lead (Customer Service)
The Team Leader role is in mainly responsible for creating and increasing employee loyalty, it may work with various internal departments, in particular with Training, Quality, HR and WFM to effectively support and enhance customer experience. This position will be in charge of the development of a group of Customer Service Representatives to guide them to success. The Team Lead will pro-actively manage client satisfaction, retention, revenue growth, program development and FLEETCOR’s performance while providing significant ongoing client and product support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase employee engagement by maintaining a positive attitude, continuous documentation and follow up on Customer Service Representative’s comments, feedback or suggestions
- Partner with Team Managers or other team leaders to review and communicate through coachings (scheduled or on-spot) general results, metrics and/or updates to Customer Service Representatives
- Review NPS/QA/CX results, verbatims, complaints, escalations, open items or any source of information in order to identify short-term root cause and long-term controllable improvement plans that are expeditiously communicated to the Customer Service Representatives
- Determine business impacts and course of action and/or FLEETCOR changes needed to enhance/drive positive customer experience through call review and floor assistance
- Distribute pre-shift information to inform production employees of upcoming changes in products available and related procedures through team meetings
- Assist walking the floor and providing help when customer service representatives require assistance
- Manage escalated calls to solve customers concern, follow up or de-escalate call
- Escalate day to day issues to find and provide a resolution to the operations floor
- Taking calls will be essential to maintain product knowledge and support call volumes as needed by staying in touch with our basic interactions
- Participate in general operations meetings for process and metric improvement
This position will have supervisory responsibilities demonstrating leadership skills and may provide significant training, direction and support to associates in the department or on project teams.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability/Flexibility- Adjusts plans to meet changing needs, exhibits flexibility and unbiased attitude, open to new ideas, shows positive attitude toward change, deals effectively with pressure situations
- Communication- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations effectively, keeps associates informed of important issues and changes, practices good listening skills
- Customer Focus- Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, and responds to customers effectively
- Leadership- Makes difficult decisions when necessary, builds consensus when appropriate, leads by example, and creates a culture of respect, dignity, credibility and fairness
- Results Focus- Targets and achieves results, maintains budget/cost controls, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, sets team standards and responsibilities
- Dependability- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance requirements
- Problem Solving/Analysis- Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts
- Quality- Attentive to detail and accuracy, shows commitment to quality standards, makes continuous improvements, monitors quality levels, takes ownership in resolving quality problems/issues, recognizes and communicates quality problems/issues to appropriate resource
- Teamwork- Contributes to team projects, exchanges ideas and opinions, helps prevent and resolve conflict, works with other departments effectively, and develops positive working relationships
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma required
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred, however two to five years of Customer Relationship experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Strong knowledge of card payments, financial services or related industry is required
- The requirements of this position demand that the individual be a resourceful, action-oriented, decisive, self-starter.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal, written and listening skills are required.
- The individual should possess the necessary leadership and project management skills to establish and maintain complex, rapidly developing relationships between FLEETCOR and its customers.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, be detail oriented, and able to manage multiple accounts and projects.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office computer applications
- Advanced knowledge of FLEETCOR products and services, operational flows, internal support resources, PC and Mainframe application software and platforms is preferred
- A solid understanding of customer service needs as applied to FLEETCOR’s products/ services is desirable
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Managers
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3325 Perimeter Hill Dr, Nashville, TN 37211, USA