Microsoft Systems Director
The game is changing in business payment, and FLEETCOR is leading the way with innovative solutions that streamline the payment process and help companies control spending.
The FLEETCOR team has cracked the code. We've assembled an A-team of business partners, payment networks, and employees. We have the technology and have made it our mission to develop and deliver better ways to pay.
FLEETCOR is not just about fun team events or great learning opportunities (although we have those too!). We’re growing our team and are looking for an Microsoft Systems Director to join us and make a real impact! If that is you, APPLY NOW!
The Director, Microsoft Systems position is a critical leadership position within our Engineering Global CTO organization focused on supporting run activity for all windows-based systems.
Responsible for leading, growing and supporting some of the best technical talent in the industry. We are looking for an experienced and highly dynamic leader to deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
The Director leads a team of professionals who serve as deep technical individuals and drives operational stability through continuous process improvement, pro-active planning, trending and capacity management, monitoring, incident and problem management.
The Director plans, prioritizes, translates, communicates, and implements the broader business strategy at the team level, defined by its organization leader, while fostering a culture of inclusivity and growth mindset.
The successful candidate will be strong technically, have a strong process background and be able to drive towards an efficient and effective team.
People and Technical Delivery Management - 30%
Execution - Deliver Results through Teamwork - 60%
Change Leadership - 10%
- Foster an environment of inclusion, that leverages diverse perspectives and talent, to better represent and understand our global environment.
- Drive adoption and compliance of key support processes
- Establish and execute a vision of proactive operational support processes and methods
- Manage the feedback loop to drive continuous process improvement
- Automate operational processes
- Manage capacity planning process including trend reporting as input to prepare for future growth
- Effectively translate and communicate company strategies as relates to operational duties
- Plan the team’s work to achieve goals and respond effectively to changing priorities while maintaining team energy and results
- Communicates team activities, status, successes, and elevates challenges and needs for team to be successful
- Achieve or exceed personal and team goals from quarter to quarter.
- Partner and collaborate with other teams/key stakeholders on related goals/deliverables and effectively leverage others in relevant work streams.
- Consistently manage areas of fiscal responsibility, staying within budget, and effectively managing resources.
- Achieve business and operational excellence for your team through consistent and timely use of published guidelines, best practices and tools.
- Drive customer obsession by ensuring all constructive feedback from Customers and internal stakeholders is obtained and addressed through coaching and upskilling direct reports.
- Change Leadership
- Lead or support special project initiatives and customer/business programs that align operational support priorities
- 3+ years leadership as Director or above.
- 8+ years leadership with direct people management
- 10 years Microsoft platform experience including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, O365
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with an ability to lead with empathy.
- Planning, Organizing, Executing and Setting Goals/Expectations.
- A proven track record of partnering across organizational boundaries to deliver business results.
- Strong business acumen
- Continuous process improvement
- ITIL or related
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Project management (this is not a project manager position)
- Work well both alone or in a team setting
- Active Directory – (Site Topology, DNS, Enterprise CA and AD Design Skills)
- Windows Server: 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008
- Windows Infrastructure and Domain Administration: DNS, DHCP, Account Management, Group Policy
- Azure AD/Microsoft 365 Administration/Configuration/Troubleshooting
- Power shell Scripting
- VMware ESX 6.0/6.5
- MS Exchange Engineering and Administration
- Web Server – IIS Administration
- Microsoft Clustering skills – SQL Server Always On
- System engineering
- Understanding of system architecture: storage solutions, network topologies, security best practice, etc.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Buckhead, Atlanta, GA, USA