Accountant Sales Executive
The Accountant Sales Executive on the Corpay One Accountant Channel Team is a critical part of our strategy and future growth engine. This person will be responsible for developing new and existing relationships with accounting firms (CPA, Bookkeeping, other accounting services firms) who will use the Corpay One accounting automation solution to automate their outsourced accounting bill payment and expense management services. We need someone who excels in relationship building, sales execution, pipeline management, understands the business of accounting and can help a client navigate the process of choosing Corpay One and then onboarding their clients onto the system.
The successful Accountant Sales Executive will have strong knowledge of accounting, accounting software and the outsourced accounting business. They will be continually learning and expanding their knowledge and relationships in the US Accounting/CPA Firm and Accounting Software markets, their understanding of outsourced bill payment and expense management services and their sales and business development skills. In this role, you will add tremendous value internally to our organization by growing the business as well as helping your accounting firm clients develop their practices while serving their clients’ needs for accounting payable, expense manage and bill payment services. We are an innovative team within a very high growth business and we need an Accountant Sales Executive that is energized by our fast-paced environment, excited to develop themselves, driven to exceed sales goals and wants to help contribute to the rapid growth and change we are driving in this business.
- Develop new relationships in a specified territory with accounting and bookkeeping firms that provide outsourced accounting and bookkeeping services to multiple clients.
- Help accounting and bookkeeping firms bring their clients onto the Corpay One Accounting Automation solution, primary focusing on clients who need outsourced bill payment services.
- Develop a pipeline of firms and their clients who will use Corpay One as their primary bill payment services.
- Help firms onboard, learn and scale up their use of the Corpay One service with clients.
- Research and understand the prospective client’s business goals, objectives, and challenges so you can advocate for their needs as we further develop our solutions, people, processes and technologies that will help us scale and win in this market.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Corpay One solution with accountants at an advanced level.
- Present and demonstrate our solutions live with clients and prospects who are interested in learning more about how our solutions will work for them and their clients.
- Demonstrate high integrity and the ability to develop professional trust based business relationships that last for many years.
- Collaborate with and help support our marketing team to improve and/or create internally generated marketing and sales collateral to highlight product/services value proposition
- Communicate accurate and timely forecasts to multiple layers of leadership both internally and externally
- Preparation of and execution of sales plans, events, campaigns
- Actively use professional networking and social media platforms to expand our reach to prospective clients and future team members
- Deliver strong performance against required sales/revenue targets
- Stable job history with proven sales excellence
- Accounting knowledge, QuickBooks and Accounting Payable Solution experience is highly desirable.
- Fintech/Payments/SaaS background would be a plus.
- Experience selling accounting related solutions to mid-sized or regional CPA Firms in the US is highly desirable.
- Ability to self-generate leads if necessary and build pipeline using all available internal resources.
- 5 years sales business/experience in a related industry.
- Ability to perform effective sales meeting/presentations and develop trust and credibility via virtual platforms is a must.
- Communicates effectively to the appropriate levels of leadership with prospects
- Entrepreneurial with negotiation skills and virtual/remote selling experience.
- Proven ability to partner successfully with cross departmental teams.
- Takes initiative and is looking for a high velocity/high growth period in their career, pushing themselves and their teammates to innovate and achieve.
- Ability to plan their work, work their process, stay engaged and take ownership over the situations and opportunities they have in front of them.
- A Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of direct consultative selling of accounting or accounting related services.
- Knows how to fill a pipeline and forecast accurately, and can show a track record of solid results against goals/plan.
- Experience selling to or managing relationships with accounting, CPA or bookkeeping firms who serve multiple clients with accounting services.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Xero and/or Sage Intacct will be very important and are strongly preferred areas of experience.
- A knowledge of AP/Payments automation solutions would be a big plus.
- A passion for the activity needed to excel - making one more phone call, one more visit, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, relationship building, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of commercial payments and services preferred.
- The ability to travel for events and clients visits when needed…approx. 10-25%.
About Corpay One:
Corpay One is only four years old, and though we’ve grown exponentially and are now financially backed by Fleetcor, a major American AP company, we remain true to our founding values.
We are just as hungry and passionate as when we were 5 people in a derelict garage. Curious minds and execution experts will like our organizational maturity, love the entrepreneurial spirit, and stay for the inclusive culture.
Working here means revolutionizing how thousands of business owners, finance teams, accountants, and bookkeeping professionals across the globe handle everyday finance tasks like bill pay, expense management, and bookkeeping. We save our customers valuable time by acting as an automated layer on top of their accounting software.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.6B Annual Revenue
- 100+ Countries
- 2.0B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,500+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2019)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA