Director, Marketing Operations
The Marketing Operations Director is responsible for architecting, executing, optimizing, and reporting of demand and lead gen programs/campaigns for the Corporate Payments division. The ideal candidate has a passion for process, data, and reporting. This role will report directly to the VP of Marketing and work closely with the demand generation and partner teams to develop and build scalable integrated marketing campaigns to fuel the sales pipeline.
- Drive strategy of marketing technology tools to support demand generation including Marketing Automation, CMS and other key tools in the B2B tech stack
- Help scale and mature Nvoicepay’s marketing automation infrastructure
- Uncover opportunities to optimize conversion across the lead generation and sales funnel, as well as optimize and improve outbound campaign tactics
- Build out workflows and integrations between Marketing Automation and CRM to evolve lead management processes
- Work with third party agency to unify Marketing Automation platforms (Pardot and Marketo)
- Must keep up-to-date with marketing and sales tech stack landscape in order to position organization to have best in-class processes and tools for enabling teams to generate revenue
- Develop, manage, and optimize automation program components, including: landing pages, email invites, nurture tracks, SFDC process, and campaign flows
- Manage Marketo instance including architecting, building, and optimizing landing page, email, and program templates, forms, operational programs, lead scoring model, data cleaning, integrations, and data flow into SFDC. Ensure marketing related data is displaying properly in SFDC.
- A love for data and data driven decisions. A candidate for this position must be a results-driven individual with exceptional analytical skills in quantitative data analysis of program effectiveness, forecasting, and ROI. The candidate must also have analytical skills and mastery in the translation and reporting of data analyses.
- Measure and evaluate marketing performance, informing strategic planning and budgeting, and enhancing overall marketing process, technology and workflow.
- Establish and continuously optimize scalable marketing processes that use best practices for campaign and lead generation/management
- Develop tracking methodologies to measure marketing performance, which informs and optimizes marketing investments in channel strategy across all marketing channels including advertising, web, search, social, email, events, etc.
- In support of revenue operations the candidate must establish and maintain close communication and collaboration with the Sales Ops team specifically relating to:
- Data Governance - enrichment, reporting, analytics, insights
- Tech stack – integrations, process and workflows
- Campaigns – direction, strategy, prioritization, iterations, assignment, routing, metrics, ROI
- Important to be able to distill technical and complex messages in simple, clear, understandable, and convincing methods for reporting to management
- Manage growing implementation and operations team
- Manage and align marketing tech stack including researching, evaluating, selecting, integrating, and customizing new technology platforms to optimize campaign execution and performance against strategic marketing goals. Performed in collaboration with marketing leadership and SOPs when relevant.
- Ensure compliance to current and impending digital marketing industry regulations (GDPR, CCPA, CAN-SPAM, etc) and marketing best practices, deliverability of outbound marketing emails (technical components SPF records, DKIM records), and monitoring sender reputation for marketing.
- Ensure continued process documentation and train other team members to execute programs in Marketo and other MarTech platforms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 7 years B2B or SaaS marketing automation experience – Marketo certification preferred
- Experience with sales and marketing technology tools such as Salesforce.com, marketing attribution tools, etc.
- Proven analytical and strategic experience and ability to develop and implement creative solutions to operational challenges
- Advanced computer skills and expert level proficiency with Microsoft Office and product management tools.
- Account Payable Automation, Financial Technology or Payment Industry experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Prioritization - Must have an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines, be self-motivated and inspire juniors/teammates to be the same, work comfortably in a fast-paced environment and within group settings, have excellent time-management skills, have an ability to think creatively and strategically, have exception problem-solving skills, and have an ability to remain calm throughout the process.
- Collaboration - Must also be a strong team player with an ability to develop effective working relationships across the organization and externally with partnerships and vendors.
- Full understanding of the lead lifecycle – Ability to diagnose and modify existing funnel or scoring programs to support new business objectives.
- Reporting and Analytics – Use modern marketing attribution tools such as Bizible or Rampmetrics to report on marketing effectiveness and ROI.
- Idea Fluency and Originality/ Problem Solving - Exceptional problem-solving skills, with ability to identify and drive win-win solutions. The ability to come up with a number of solutions to a given marketing or company need. Ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Comprehensive understanding of content marketing – including lead generation best practices, gated assets, content resource hubs, and landing page templates.
- Ability to own the MarTech stack – including vendor management & integration into existing platforms. This includes continuous evaluation of the technologies and how to optimize.
- Email marketing development - Experience developing email marketing templates and understanding the limitations of developing for email.
- Experience in HTML & CSS a plus – ability to do some light editing of landing page, website or email markup and styling.
- Administrative — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records in a database, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Time and Task Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others. Ability to manage multiple projects and requests, prioritize, and set proper expectations to the team.
WORK SCOPE AND CONTEXT
- Must work with operational timeframes but be flexible to changing priorities. Responsible for ensuring technical procedures and compliance standards are met.
- Decisions are made within scope of expected knowledge, are moderate to complex in nature and are used to develop systems for others. Decisions and results affect all departments, business decisions, payments and customers or vendors.
- Work affects flow, information, process, work and decisions of others; and is operational and strategic in nature.
- Requires collaboration across the organization, deep technical skills, analysis and knowledge and application of data.
- Position requires contact with others - in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on data collection, problem solving, needs analysis and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both in person or electronically.
- Information exchange may include confidential or sensitive information. Technical development, strategic movement and problem-solving are primary objectives of this position.
- Normal office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.6B Annual Revenue
- 100+ Countries
- 2.0B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,500+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2019)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Beaverton, OR, USA